Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Deletion Flag status for Maintenance Work Order

hafidzrr77
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

as we know that if there are some Work Orders that need to be canceled because. we can set Deletion Flag or Locked the system status and put Canceled on the user status. However, when CO wants to settle all of the Work Orders using KO8G, the system will put some Work Order that can be settled because there is an LKD status active in that order. Whilst if I want to set Deletion Flag, the only way to do that is if I do Complete Business and the system status will be CLSD which I won't recommend to my users based on my Blueprint Design.

The questions are :

1. Is there any way to set deletion flag, beside complete as a Business (CLSD) when the system status is Released (REL)?

2. What is the other function of Complete as a Business (CLSD) except that CLSD means the condition when the status is complete after Finance Transaction?

3. how can we automatically Exclude those Cancelled status of Work order in KO8G? is there any variants that I can set?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

Hafidz Ramadhitya,

The DLFL/DLT statuses are normally used when you want to archive the orders off the SAP system. And they both require the CLSD status to be set first. These statuses are not intended to be used as a mechanism to "cancel" an order..

Instead you should either use the NCMP status (Do not execute - only at CRTD status), or more commonly, utilise a user-status for cancelled e.g. CANC. This CANC status will give you greater flexibility in your business processes.

Excluding these cancelled orders from settlement (KO8G) doesn't make sense either. You still need to settle the outstanding costs before closing these orders (CLSD).

PeteA

hafidzrr77
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter Atkin,

thanks for the answer,

However, when the order status is release, we cannot retrieve it back to CRTD, right? So I believe that I prefer to Locked (LKD) the system status and change the user status to CANC. also with cancel all of the posting documents assigned to that order. but this order that has LKD Status will block the mass settlement (KO8G) because there is an active LKD status in that order whilst the user status is canceled. are there any possibilities that I can automatically exclude that CANC status for settlement KO8G? or should I cancel the work order with Deletion flag mechanism?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

Cancelled and locked are typically two different business processes:

• Cancelled usually means that no further work is due on this order and these orders are typically closed.
  • Locked usually means that there is a temporary halt on the order, but work will continue at some point.

You can investigate the Status Selection Profile option in the KO8G variant.

PeteA

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello hafidzrr77

Here is a nice blog by annehustis on production order statuses, which a essentially the same as work orders' - Do you Whitewash your Production Orders? Also see the discussion on TECO usage in the comments below the article.

Refer to SAP Help for details on the specific statuses:

KO8G allows selection of orders by a selection variant:

The variant allows selection by status:

I'd suggest setting deletion flag on all closed and settled orders as this speeds up orders selection. The reason is that deletion flag status is set not only in the status tables but also on order header level. Thus the system doesn't need to look up the status tables when selecting orders not flagged for deletion.

Also deletion flag is a prerequisite for orders archiving which should be the last stage of an order life cycle.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

hafidzrr77
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dominik Tylczynski for the blog that you recommend to me. Although, that is Production Order whilst my questions is about Maintenance Work Order (PM) but I think that is similar. Thank you in advance for the good explanation.

however, i believe that the variants for KO8G that there is order status/ status number field can be input as an excuse to exclude the status like LKD or CANC. but how can i put the status value on that field while it can only put in 1 digit code?