Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Counter or Multi Counter plan for Different equipment

Bidhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in explore phase of S/4HANA Service 2022.

My company is selling Machines and do service for them for long term. For all these machines have two to three measuring point (Lets say two for now). Running hours and Number of Days. Business wants to create one generic Multi counter measuring point and assign the equipment whenever sold. and wants to create maintenance service orders, as per individual counter reading / measuring document.

How can I create Measuring point without equipment number and how can I assign multiple equipments to single Multi counter measuring point.

Similar example can be Car Service, or Utility for single cycle etc.

thanks

Bidhu

plummer_jeff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bidhu,

The primary option, short of an enhancement, from which you can trigger the maintenance plan is the measuring point for which a record needs to exist for each relevant equipment as you've noted. Because every equipment will have different usage after sold, it is normal to use at least one measuring point to trigger the maintenance plan. Suggestion is to explore use PM/QM integration or PM Checklist which is built on PM/QM integration where you can use a master inspection characteristic (MIC) for inspections that span many equipment records. This is much more robust (and correspondingly complex) solution for inspections. Despite that, it still does not offer a replacement for a measuring point setup as a counter or do MICs have the ability to trigger a maintenance plan. Hope that helps.

Regards,

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bidhu

To me, your requirement isn't available in SAP. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your scenario but the idea of "one counter can be assigned to several equipments" is impossible. By design, every equipment must have their own counter and every counter keep their own reading.

Technical object 1 Counter 11 Technical Object 2 Counter 21

Counter 12

Measurement Point 11

This is a very consistent design and it allow to reset/replace counters and readings. It's been working for ages and I think that can't be changed.

The only thing that could help : If you create an equipment as copy of "Technical Object 1", system automatically is creating new counters/measure points as "Technical Object 1"

It's been a long time that I'm not working in PM . I've added the Tag of PM. Maybe some customer can provide you some workaround or some point of view.

Best regards

Silvia Ventura

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bidhu

you mean create the equipment+counter+maintenance plan in just one transaction. Don't you?

That is not supported.

Best regards

Silvia

Bidhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Silvia,

Thats not what I want. my thoughts are like counter and maintenance plan should not be equipment specific. While I should be able assign the counter and Maintenance plan to any new equipment I create and with updating measurement document, service orders will be created. I understand this is not possible now, but should be good feature for future release. this will reduce the data maintenance.

Thank you

Bidhu

Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bihdu,

I'd bet that the option " generic Multi counter measuring point and assign the equipment whenever sold" doesn't exit. I know well PM and what you can do is a little bit different :

- You can define cyclet sets ( 100000 KM km OR 2000 hr ) and create maintenance plans assigned to these cycles

- Counter MUST be individually defined equipment by equipment . I mean, every equipment has defined their own counters with their own counter readings. However, If you have many equipments with the same values in their counters, you could use the flag "measurement reading transfer is supported" and use a superior object (functional location/equipment) to update the readings

Example : FLEET-SAP

CAR1 CAR2 CAR3

If the transfer is supported, you only update the measurement readings for the superior object (FLET-SAP) and those values are transmitted to the subordinated equipments.

Well, this is only a suggestion and I'm not sure if makes sense in your business.

Best regards

Silvia Ventura

Bidhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Silvia,

Thank you for your reply. I feel If I use measurement transfer, it will transfer to all subordinate equipment. While my thought is, I have sold 5 cars to 5 different customer and I provide 10000 km service. to reduce maintenance of master data, I should able to create counter and plans once and whenever I sell a new one, I just need to assign that, while measurement document will be recorded separately. Seems its not supported.

Thanks

Bidhu