cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO free of charge

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all ,

I need to ship some parts from onde CoCode (Brazil) to MFG (USA) for repair or tests but should be free of charge. In some cases, those parts return to Brazil and other should be scrapped. Today my company don’t transfer this inventory through STO, but they put it in Quality Inspection generating a lot of extra controls .

Question - How can we transfer it to MFG without transfer costs to MFG plant ?

Thanks all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sharky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

If the goods do not transfer ownership, then I think you are looking at subcontracting from refurbishment. In this case the goods are still yours, but the company you provide them to are able to work on them and that company bills you for this. However, for reworking of goods, you will have to check the exact settings.

Please activate business function LOG_EAM_ROTSUB and LOG_EAM_ROTSUB2 to enable these funtions.

Another possibility is to use the "normal" subcontracting functionality. However, if you want to be able to report scrap at the site that is working on your products, then activate business function LOG_MM_OM1 and LOG_MM_OM2.

Please ensure you properly register that the Brazilian company has products that are not in their own facility and even in the own country.

Regards,

Sjaak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sjaak,

I really appreciate you time to answer it.

I forgot to mention that both are the same company with different plant numbers .

Sharky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I am not sure that this relevant. The companies are situated in different countries, and are therefore very likely to have a different company code. In this case they can act in a vendor - customer relation to each other. Therefore the described process can work.

Come to think of it, you might also be helped with using Advanced Returns Management for this. In this case you "Return" (even if it is technically not a return) a product from the Brazilian site to the USA site for repair. with a return STO. From this return I think you can subsequently trigger a repair order with a "follow-up" action. I would need to look into this though, since I cannot remember how this works from the top of my head.

Regards,

Sjaak

Sharky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I did some research on my remark. It seems very well possible to transfer the goods with an ARM return STO and then in one of the follow up steps trigger a service order. This is normally a repair order, but that should not matter. I assume you will want the USA plant to bill the Brazilian plant for their services. Correct?

Another follow up can be scrapping in the USA plant.

Please see the following link for more information on advanced returns management https://help.sap.com/doc/c886e3aea9e34afdb3deaca09df720fa/1610%20002/en-US/frameset.htm

Please be aware that the follow up of using service orders requires configuration in the CS module. If you want to execute billing after the effort that went into the repair, please setup resource related billing. You will find a lot of info on this in the help files or here in the community.

Regards,

Sjaak

Answers (0)