Did you mean: 

Storage unit type without storage unit

JanSchlichting
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding MM / WM.

1.) We have material at a storage bin.

2.) We move this to another storage bin, this storage bin has a storage unit.

3.) Move it back to a storage bin without storage unit again.

What has happened: The material has still a storage unit type (in table LQUA) but no storage unit. Is there a way to get rid of the storage unit type when there is no more a storage unit?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor

Standard SAP code is written in such a way that if the incoming quant is having the Storage unit type (VQUA-LETYP) then that simply gets copied in the Destination Storage unit type (LTAP-LETYP)

I don't see any standard way to remove this from the Quant, if it is very much business critical then you can take the help from the Development team to update the table (LQUA) however in my personal opinion that is not recommended and also i don't see any major impact if the Storage unit type exist at Quant level

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

JanSchlichting
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks to all. For us is answer from Manish fine (working as designed, you get a like from me))

And what I have learned:

1.) correct tag is LE

2.) handling unit is not storage unit, in our case (MM with WM it is storage unit)

@ Raghu: yes it is done like in your screenshot: with storage unit type = "space"

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you make sure the Storage Unit Type field is blank when doing the LT10 back to 001 storage type?

PS - In Warehouse Management, the LENUM is Storage Unit, not Handling Unit. You were correct the first time.

JanSchlichting
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

now with screenshoots:

1.) Material (CHARG 1, 2, 3) is at a storage bin (REGAL 1) , no handling unit (sorry when I used storage unit before)

2.) Now it is moved with LT10 to another storage bin, which uses handling units (BOX 3)

We get new quants:

Field LETYP is filled, up to here all is fine

3.) now I move the stuff back to a storage bin without handling unit (where it was before, REGAL 1), also with LT10

Another time we get new quants who have no handling unit number (correct) but a handling unit type (why???)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Storage unit and storage unit type are two different things.

It is possible to use storage unit type without the need to manage the goods with the detail of storage unit numbers.

This is especially helpful in a putaway strategy if you have dedicated bins for drums and others for containers in the same storage type, then you can well control with the storage unit type into which bin your goods can be placed.

JanSchlichting
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you,

that is true but not the solution. In our case the storage bin type is not filled, but still transferred (movement from storage unit to non storage unit).

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I am confused what you are asking... Storage bin type is against a bin in table LAGP. Can you post a screen shot of the field in question or go step-by-step T-Code, entries and results from LQUA and LAGP including field names?

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In LT01 or LT10 it is possible to simply not enter the Storage Unit Type while moving to a non-SU managed storage type.