Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack upgrade

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts & Friends,

We have upgraded our support pack from SP12 to SP26.

But in system, it is showing SP22.

In my opinion, it should be,0026 no ?

Please correct me If I am wrong & pass your expert comments to guide me.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

radheshyam.prabhu

radheshyam.prabhuAccording from our discussion you performed the following:

1. Update SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 from SP12 to SP26
2. Upgrade from SAP ERP 6.0 from EHP5 to EHP7?

I do not understand why you updated the SPS in EHP5 before the update to EHP7, but this doesn't matter now.

When you or a colleague created the stackfile in order to do the EHP7 upgrade in Maintenance Planner, then I guess SPS22 of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 has been chosen, because this is what I see according to your screenshots. SPS22 of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 is based on SPS25 of SAP Netweaver 7.40.

SPS26 of SAP ERP 6.0EHP7 is not yet available, hence you or your colleague cannot choose this.

So my question is:
What exactly is your problem?
As you upgraded to EHP7 the former SPS26 of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 is not shown under stacklevel, but the latest upgraded EHP7 stack.

p391977
Contributor

Ohh. Got it thanks.

Sorry if I have troubled you, but I am happy & satisfied with this piece of information.

It is complete.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Could you tell us what components you've patched? If you have not used a stack file then the "Installed Product Versions" can stay the product version can be on the same level but not the "Installed Component Versions" as they will show the correct version no matter if you use stack file or not. You may read the below note for additional information.

2560351 - Installed Software Component Versions don't align with Installed Product Versions in syste...

RB

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam,

you upgraded your EHP7 to SPS 22. This is based on Netweaver 7.40 SPS 25. So this is definitely correct (see SAP Note 1737650).

SPS26 is not available for SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7. The latest SPS is 24 (which is based on Netweaver 7.40 SPS 27).

SPS23 of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 is based on Netweaver 7.40 SPS26, if your intension was to upgrade SAP_BASIS to SP 26.

Cheers,
Andreas

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. We initially upgraded from SP12 to SP26, then we upgraded from EHP5 to EHP7.

Do you find anything to share in this.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

radheshyam.prabhu
I do not get it. EHP5? EHP7? SP12? SP26?
Please tell me step by step what you have done. 🙂

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. We initially upgraded support pack from SP12 to SP26,

2. Secondly we upgraded SAP version from enhancement pack EHP5 to EHP7.

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

radheshyam.prabhu

So, you did the following:

Is this right? Which Support Package Stack of EHP7 did you choose in Maintenance Planner?
p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos
So, you did the following:

Yes. We did that.

Regarding " Maintenance Planner " I dont have idea.

0 Kudos

Hi radheshyam.prabhu

If you see SP 22 in the system and your Stack.xml is showing SP stack 26 then only possibility is someone lowered the target in bind_patch phase or you have applied SP manually . To check what is actually imported in the system , goto SPAM and check the imported support packs and see if you see 23-26 support pack for the each component there . If you see SP imported all the way to 26 there , that means its the only issue with SP registration process and you should be able to get all the functionality of SP 26 . You can create a message with SAP to correct the SP registration or wait for next SP upgrade for the issue resolution .

-Thanks

Mamta Chauhan

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. It is useful.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam,

During the upgrade time, you might have created the maintenance planner in that you can check with either XML or Xls file with SAP Complonenet version details.

Regards

SS

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Fine.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radheshyam

You may have to check the SAP component Basis & ABAP or Could you check the stack XML file in that you may find the details of the component's release and SP levels.

Regards

SS

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find the screen related to Basis & ABAP,

Could you check the stack XML file in that you may find the details of the component's release and SP levels.

Could you please tell me how to check XML file.

Thanks for responding.

Regards,

Radheshyam P.