Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Category Dimension Scope Simulation Properties

gregory_lefevre
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I would like to leverage those properties to "save" versions of the ACTUAL consolidation, such as for each business day 1 through 5 during the month end close, and a FINAL.  I need to save a version each day for one purpose only which is close process bridge review and improvement, through reporting.  All other reporting would be aligned with the ACTUAL category.

The first version as I see it would be Draft 1, Draft 2, etc, to FINAL. You typically would run ACTUAL and save as or run in parallel each other version pertaining to the proper day.  I want to leverage the properties instead of running a COPY DM package.

The way I have it setup is FX_SOURCE_CATEGORY as ACTUAL, RATE_CATEGORY as ACTUAL and OWN_CATEGORY as ACTUAL, nothing appears to populate in those subsequent categories when running the Legal Consolidation DM Package, though I do have data, rates and an OM structure for ACTUAL. What am I missing? Not really clear what the rules are doing or what elements are required, missing for a successful run.

I do get however the FX Restatement DM Package to populate ACTUAL data as translated to the ACTUAL rates in those Draft X and FINAL categories.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

I would suggest to write a BADI and call it in your default logic to make it automated.

Andy

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BADI solution is not related to the subject....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, so your script logic advice is related to the subject? I'm also providing an alternative solution, like you did.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not a question how to copy data (using COPY chain or using script). For sure it's useless to create badi to copy data. The question is about how to work with draft consolidation results.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Looks a bit complex. Why you don't like the idea to simply copy ACTUAL to DRAFTX using COPY DM or script logic copy?

Vadim