Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FARRIC_OL_EXPERT - SD data migration to SAP RAR

edwardcs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP RAR expert,

We are delivering a project SD RR migration to SAP RAR.

From our migration testing, we figured out that an SD RR contract that has been closed/completed will not be able to be migrated to RAR, as it cannot be detected by the Operational Load program named FARRIC_OL / FARRIC_OL_EXPERT.

I have two questions:

1. Is this a normal behavior? that a completed/closed SD RR contract will not be migrated to RAR?

2. If 1 is yes, is there any SAP note available to support this behavior/best practice?

Thanks in advance.

@kartikdua

@cma_naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PrasadAtmakuri
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Edward

In general RAR migration program consider all contracts including the completed contracts. However you can skip the completed contracts using the BADI FARRIC_BADI_ORDER- method CLEAR_RECTYPE_FLAG which allows you to overwrite the relevance of a line item for revenue accounting.

Please check if the BADI mentioned and method given is used in your case due to which you were not able to see the completed contracts.

Thanks & Regards

Prasad

edwardcs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you. I am interested in your response.

The reason we are migrating to SAP RAR from SD RR is that this is the prerequisite before doing brownfield conversion/system conversion to S/4HANA. If this is the context and we chose to only migrate open contracts to SAP RAR, will this approach will block the system conversion?

Kartik_Dua
Contributor

Hi Edward,

To me, it is normal for programs not to migrate closed orders. I personally do not see any benefit in migrating closed orders either (unless you are going retro and reporting off closed orders). Alternately, you can create a Z version of the standard program and add logic. We worked on our implementation through a vendor and they enhanced the conversion programs for us to accommodate few of our business scenarios. If I recap correctly, there is a date parameter and a status parameter in the standard program which controls which sales orders should get converted. Try enhancing those 2 check points. Worse case, you can do an external analysis and if there are handful of closed sales orders which have to be converted, you can do them manually (we did this too for complex sales orders).

I do not believe there are any standard notes available but please check once on market place.

Thank you.

Kartik