Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Standard Delivered Measures in BPC 10.1 standard

former_member254616
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement to change the standard measures "Periodic", "QTD" and YTD" as FTE's (Full Time employees) are not shown correctly.

FYI - In current project, FTE Accounts are defined in User defined dimension and not in standard Account dimension

For e.g.

In Jan - FTE's are 2

In Feb - FTE's are 2

In Mar - FTE's are 2

All Measures "Periodic", "QTD" and YTD" are showing as "6" instead of "2".

Please find screenshot attached for your reference.

The formula for "Periodic" measure in our system is as below

MEMBER [MEASURES].[PERIODIC] AS 'IIF([%ACCOUNTDIM%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("ACCTYPE")="INC",-[MEASURES].[SIGNEDDATA],IIF([%ACCOUNTDIM%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("ACCTYPE")="EXP",[MEASURES].[SIGNEDDATA],IIF([%ACCOUNTDIM%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("ACCTYPE")="AST",([MEASURES].[SIGNEDDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIMEDIM%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])),IIF([%ACCOUNTDIM%].CURRENTMEMBER.PROPERTIES("ACCTYPE")="LEQ",-([MEASURES].[SIGNEDDATA], CLOSINGPERIOD([%TIMEDIM%].[%TIMEBASELEVEL%])),-[MEASURES].[SIGNEDDATA]))))';SOLVE_ORDER=3

Can you please help me to achieve the result I am expecting?

Incase of any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

VRR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member254616
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently 21600000_00040 is EXP. You can change it to AST.

Answer - This is only one example and the users use 21600000_00040 Account to post not only on FTE's but Non FTE's as well. It will affect other NON FTE Accounts. As per Business, it should be "EXP" ACTTYPE only. Also, 21600000_00040 is one example. They use many such accounts.

Would be great if you can let me know how to tweak the Measure. I can let my users know about the performance.

Thanks and Regards,

VRR

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but tweaking the measure is the wrong way, it will end up with unmanageable system. It's not a joke! I do not want to support incorrect design. Create a new AST account and use it for FTE posting only!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently 21600000_00040 is EXP. You can change it to AST.

P.S.

"Please let me know if there is a way to tweak the formula where we can add a property in User defined dimension and mark all FTE's with "X" and can we use it in the Measures?" - it's theoretically possible, but complicated and will affect performance.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but in any model you have account type dimension. In parallel you are using second user defined account dimension. The question is - what is the ACCTYPE of account type dimension member that is used in combination with FTE.

By the way, it's a question what is the correct way to show FTE.

FTE = Full Time Equivalent (Not Full Time Employees) and the unit is men/month

So when you see 2, 2, 2 and 6 in quarter - 6 men/months looks correct. Or may be it's better to show average FTE in quarter.

Don't mix FTE with Headcount!

Headcount is the number of employees at the end of the month, quarter, year. For headcount you need AST account.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. And to my mind it's a crazy idea to have GEOGRAPHY as account type dimension. The model have to be redesigned!

former_member254616
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your reply. Please find my reply below

1. The question is - what is the ACCTYPE of account type dimension member that is used in combination with FTE.

Answer -In the first standard ACCOUNT Dimension, the ACCTYPE is "EXP". In the second user defined dimension, we do not have ACCTYPE. Please find screenshot below of the user defined dimension and its properties.

2. By the way, it's a question what is the correct way to show FTE.

Answer - If you look at screenshot below, it is showing Aggregated value. Reason is in PNL_GEOGRAPHY which is our standard Account Dimension, ACCTYPE for 21600000_00040 is "EXP". Therefore, it is showing Aggregated value in Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 and TOTAL.

Now, our business users do not want to see the FTE's aggregated. They want to see how ACCTYPE "AST" shows.

For e.g., they should see as below

21600000_00040 | FTE_3RD_PARTY - For Q1 it should show 5, Q2 - 5, Q3 - 6, Q4 - 4 and Total - 4. Same as like how ACCTYPE "AST".

3. Headcount is the number of employees at the end of the month, quarter, year. For headcount you need AST account.

Answer - you are correct but here our users post on ACCTYPE "EXP".

Please let me know if there is a way to tweak the formula where we can add a property in User defined dimension and mark all FTE's with "X" and can we use it in the Measures?

If you need any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

VRR

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vrr.kovvuri

vrr.kovvuriDon't even think of modifying the delivered measures as its not totally not advisable. You can create custom measures to get your requirements done.

What is the ACC TYPE of the account member which is used to store these FTE values? It should be of type AST so that it will show 2 as FTE for QTD.

Nikhil

former_member254616
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil.

Thanks for your reply. I will recommend to use a new Measure in this case. As stated, ACCOUNTS (Including "FTE") is not a standard "A - ACCOUNT" type Dimension. It is a user defined dimension "User-define - U19". Therefore, we have to tweak the formula accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

VRR

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

vrr.kovvuri

Both Delivered and Custom measures in BPC are based on Account dimension only as Account dimension in BPC is supposed to hold key figures. Against what value member of GEOGRAPHY dimension are the FTE's stored?

Nikhil