Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do in EPM dimension override with a dinamic link to another dimension

manuel_medina1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

Hope you can help me with this doubt in EPM Reporting in BPC Classic.

The situation is the following:

There is a sample report, with TIme dim in rows and Currency in columns. In the top of the report there is a select list with two options. If the User select B the Currency should be overriden with member "EUR" That parts works with the standard epmdimensioverride:

select-list.png

=+EPMDimensionOverride("000";"RPTCURRENCY";"EUR")option-b.png

The other option, when the user select option B, the requirement is to make a dinamic selection linking the ID of the Currency with the property Currency of the Entity selected in Context.

So the question is, how with EPM formulas can I set in Report Columns dimension this dinamic selection linked to Entity's Currency Property.

option-a.png

I tried establishing the condition with the following sentence without sucess:

=+EPMDimensionOverride("000";"RPTCURRENCY";"Linked to property 'CURRENCY' of Dimension 'ENTITY'")

I Know this same requirement could be achieved obtaining the prorperty currency of the Entity in the context in one step and in a second step to do the override of this member. The requirement is to do it dinamically with the dinamic Link to the property.

I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Manuel

View Entire Topic
manuel_medina1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi juanpa810

Thanks a lot for your response.

I know that is a workaround and easier way to accomplish the requirement. Anyway i need to know if it is possible and how can be done, by EPM formula to establish this kind of filter:

I wonder if there is anyway similar to the one of establish a dinamic filter by property in Epm Dimension Override:

=+EPMDimensionOverride("000";"RPTCURRENCY";"CALC=N")

Anyone knows how it can be done?

Thanks in advance!