cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WDV/ Diminishing Value Method - 'Ordinary depreciation after the end of useful-Life'

bose_gourav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All, We are using S/4 HANA 2021 versions on premise and the requirement is to create a WDV/ Diminishing Balance Method depreciation key for India COD.

I have created a new depreciation key with 4 parameters BASE method opt as a 'stated percentage', Declining method choose as 001, Period control as 003 and Multilevel method ('Base value- 024 & 20%)'. Now for testing purpose when I'm posting an acquisition value of 12,000 with 5 years useful life and salvage value - 0 to the asset it is calculating correctly as per the depreciation factor - 20% year on WDV method i.e. FY- 2024 ord. dep. - 2,400 and FY-2025 - 1,920 and FY-2026 - 1,536 and FY-2027 - 1,229 and FY-2028 - 4,915. However it is not nullified in FY- 2028 system again calculating 20% of 4,915 i.e. (983.04 - ord. dep.) and post which it is stopped with NBV- 3,932.16 but technically it should close the depreciation after the end of useful life i.e. so in FY- 2028 ord. dep. amount would be 4,915 can we achieve this through standard SAP functionality because in SLM system behaves accordingly. As a reference you can check in google depreciation calculator - https://www.calculator.net/depreciation-calculator.html?cmethod=declining&ccost=12%2C000&csalvage=0&...Please advise?

Note:  I have done couple of changes in configuration in order to get the same but not able to get it. I have change the BASE method of depreciation key by selecting 'dep. after planned life end' to yes also in multilevel method check the check box 'percentage from remaining life' but couldn't able to succeeded.

Best Regards,

Gourav Bose

View Entire Topic
Mark_W
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is a consulting note on this topic 2346545 - FAQs on India Companies Act Solution