cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access CC cockpit 2021 from tomcat

former_member776314
Discoverer

Hi Experts

Just installed a CC 2021 system PoC box, to test.

all went successful in linux / HDB. and able to access the system using admin+, core tool well.

not able to do the same for cockpit.

below are the steps i have done for cockpit configuration:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/d1d04c0d65964a9b91589ae7afc1bd45/2021.0/en-US/92659591fbcf42d5a96987ac3f...

1. installed apache tomcat apache-tomcat-10.0.12 on java version "1.8.0_311"
  2. edited properties file and kept passphrase file
  3. deployed successfully to tomcat manually from Tomcat Web Application Manager

cccockpit.war sap_cc_cockpit_cccockpit and sap_cc_cockpit_cccockpit.properties:

when i clicked above (/cccockpit) getting below error: form tomcat login geting error.

Type Status Report

Message The requested resource [/cccockpit/] is not available

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

from tomcat logs this app is deployed successfully and i can see there in below location also:

and dispatcher was accessible at 9100: and HDB instance Nr=20

Properties file contents looks like:

cc.sid=COR

hci.http.url=http://192.68.10.123:9100

hci.http.timeout=300000

sqlhelper.jdbc.uri=jdbc:sap://192.168.10.123:32015/?databaseName=HDB

sqlhelper.login=SYSTEM

sqlhelper.password=mypassword

datasource.jdbc.uri=jdbc:h2:file:C:\cccockpit85

datasource.login=SYSTEM

datasource.password=mypassword

msg.api.login=admin

msg.api.password=mypassword

msg.api.timeout=20000

http.session.expiration.scheduler=60

browser.sessionTimeout=120

browser.sessionLockTimeout=10

oauth2.authorization_server.url=

oauth2.authorization_server.client_id=

oauth2.authorization_server.client_secret=

oauth2.redirect_uri.base_url=

#oauth2.authorization_server.revocation_url=

charging.catalog.sync.enabled=true

charging.output.item.immediate.loading.enabled=false

webassistant.url=https://webassistant.enable-now.cloud.sap/web_assistant/framework/

=================

i suspect something wrong in above file, can any one please shed some light.

Regards

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since this is your first question, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with Community Q&A , as the overview provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your Profile you encourage readers to respond.

View Entire Topic
francois_thimon
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahos,

The error message is related with the deployment of the web application in Tomcat, not with the internal configuration of the web application itself: Tomcat is telling you that Cockpit is either not deployed at all, or maybe that it is deployed but you haven't configured the right accesses.

So, to address this issue, you need to focus on the deployment phase. Since this is managed by the Catalina component, you have to check your "catalina.out" and "catalina.log" files.
When the app is correctly deployed, catalina.out is supposed to contain a message such as:

15-Nov-2021 15:26:49.978 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [/usr/sap/CCD/tomcat/apache-tomcat-x.y.zz/webapps/cccockpit_CCD.war] has finished in [xx,xxx] ms

Additional details (and error messages) are available in catalina.log, so you can use that too.
If you need us to review these files, please open a support ticket, where you can safely send us sensitive data.

Best regards.

François
SAP Convergent Charging Support

former_member776314
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanaiton

that makes my trouble shoot on required area. Thanks

how ever as per the logs i can see the below logs;

14-Nov-2021 15:49:38.007 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service [Catalina]

14-Nov-2021 15:49:38.007 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet engine: [Apache Tomcat/10.0.12]

14-Nov-2021 15:49:38.032 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deploying web application archive [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\webapps\cccockpit.war]

14-Nov-2021 15:49:48.879 INFO [main] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

14-Nov-2021 15:49:49.004 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\webapps\cccockpit.war] has finished in [10,971] ms

14-Nov-2021 15:49:49.005 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploying web application directory [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\webapps\cccockpit85]

14-Nov-2021 15:49:49.028 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\webapps\cccockpit85] has finished in [23] ms

14-Nov-2021 15:49:49.029 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploying web application directory [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\webapps\docs]

============================================

and from the list of deployed applications in the Tomcat Web Application Manager i can see my cccockpit app.

Applications

Path Version Display Name Running Sessions Commands

/ None specified Welcome to Tomcat true 0 Start

with idle ≥

minutes

/cccockpit None specified true 0 Start

with idle ≥

minutes

/cccockpit85 None specified true 0 Start

with idle ≥

minutes

may be i need to check the on "right access", but not sure what right access , i am running it from windows administrator rights..

Many Thanks

Ahos

zoran_ptsi
Explorer
0 Kudos
I have EXACTLY the same issue with CC2023 FPS1, with all the prerequisites ... please, help!