Human Capital Management Blogs by Members
Gain valuable knowledge and tips on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite and human capital management market from member blog posts. Share your insights with a post of your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatKrishna1
Active Participant
Aiming to leverage successfully to build the experiences drive as SAP SuccessFactors consultant, it’s my passion for exploring various areas led to this blog post.

In this post, I want to explain how we can use Integration Center to flow data from SuccessFactors (SOURCE) to Success Factors (TARGET). One of my keen interests in SuccessFactors areas is – Performance & Goals, so I took Goal Plan fields to run the show.

I want to explain 3 scenarios using Integration Center as mentioned below:

1.How to populate data into one field?
Example: Auto populating Start date as Today (Current date).

2.How to populate data into one field based on another field?
Example: Auto populating Due Date as (Start date + 3 Months)

3.How to build calculations?
Example: If an employee completes the task in less than 180 days, then he is a Good Performer

(Due date – Start date) = “X “< 180 = Good Performer.

If an employee completes the task more than 180 days, then he is Average Performer

(Due date – Start date) = “X “> 180 = Satisfactory Performer.

Which are not covered/missing :

1. How to enable Integration Center from the Upgrade center.
2. How to grant User permission to access Integration center.
3. How to pick Goal Entity form O DATA Dictionary.
4. How to create a Goal plan template

Prerequisite

• Integration center

• Goal Plan

• User - who is running this job required Edit Permission on Goal Plan fields.

Here are some steps and guidelines to build an integration flow between SF 2 SF using the Integration Center:

Procedure:

1. Search and Select ‘Integration Center’ in the Tools search. You would be redirected to the Integration Center Landing Page. Select ‘My Integration’.

2.On the My Integrations page, click on Create and select More Integration types.

3. Select Source type and Target Type as SucccessFactors and choose to create

4. In the Options tab, enter Integration Name & Description and choose next.

5.In the Configuration Files tab, click on “+” and add Goal Entity.

• Operation: Upsert Multiple

This is how the screen would look, once we add Entity.

Above mentioned Steps are common steps to build integration flow.

Requirement 1:

Auto populating Start date as Today (Current date)

6.Click on Start date filed and Choose Calculated button.

7.Provide Label name & Select filed value as “Now” and Choose Calculation trace to see Output and choose OK.

Requirement 2:

Auto populating Due Date as (Start date + 3 Months)

8.Click on the due date field and Choose the Calculated button.

9.Provide Label name & Select filed value as “Start date + 3” & Months and Choose Calculation trace to see Output and choose OK.

10.Choose highlighted Arrow and Click on “Run Preview Records “to check Run Result Status.

11.Once you see “Upsert Success “in Run result Status then move on to the next step.

12.In the Filters and Sort tab, add filters to run this job for Specific users.

13.The next step is ‘Scheduling’. You can define the scheduling parameters i.e. how frequently the file should run. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save’ icon before clicking ‘Next’.

14.In Review & Run tab, Before you submit the job please review the details in the last step as shown below

15.Click on “Run Now “to see output immediately in the Goal plan sheet.

Output:

Please find the Current date ( 11-16-2019 ) of the system is right down corner of the screenshot.

Requirement 3:

If an employee completes the task in less than 180 days, then he is a Good Performer.

• (Due date – Start date) = “X “< 180 = Good Performer

If an employee completes the task more than 180 days, then he is Average Performer

• (Due date – Start date) = “X “> 180 = Satisfactory Performer

Created 2 custom field in Goal Plan:

• Days required to achieve the Objective

• Performance of an Employee

A. Follow the same steps from 1 -5, then select the required field (Days required to achieve the Objective) and click on the calculate button.

B. Provide Label name & Select filed value according to the below screenshot and Choose Calculation trace to see Output and choose OK.

C. Select “Performance of an Employee” and Click on a calculated button

D.Provide Label name & Select filed value according to the below screenshot and Choose Calculation trace to see Output and choose OK.

Please follow the remaining 10-15 steps to see the output in the Goal Plan sheet.

Output:

If you liked this post, please share this across SAP SuccessFactors consultants.

Looking forward to your valuable feedback in the comments section!!!

Happy to help!  Happy Integrating!!

Regards,

VenkatKrishnah Togara

Wipro.

4 Comments
Labels in this area