Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Introduction

This recording explains how to easily use the Integration Center of SuccessFactors to get any data from Employee Central (or Employee Profile : trend information, previous years performance ratings, pay range attributes from FOPayRange table...) to populate Compensation Worksheets and without having to do any file export-import nor to maintain the data feed every year.

Starting from a question on the Partner Delivery Community about getting the Home Address of each employee to show on the Compensation Statements, this video covers the following topics :

• The creation of an MDF object integrated to a Compensation template

• The creation of an Integration Center job to feed the MDF object with data for all employees within a few seconds (and why the integration center is invaluable for the Compensation Module)

• The mapping of the MDF fields to the compensation template and final testing.

Credits for taking the time to show me the Integration Center go to Raja Thukiwakam (SAP).

Recording

Conclusion

Once we have successfully managed to replicate the steps of the above recording and would now like to know how to display the address of each employee on the standard statement in the main text area on the left (so that it doesn't take too much space on the right side which is really meant only for Compensation information) then the recording of this post will help :

Please find another (shorter and with no sound/picture sync issues) integration center demonstration recording with a few other business cases here :

--

All the best,

Xavier

(If you found this blog useful please consider giving it a Like)
13 Comments
aathanur
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Very nicely done Xavier. And of course, a big thank you to raja.thukiwakam as well.
former_member111043
Discoverer
Excellent!
Great overview - can the integration centre be used to pull data from the Performance module and Populate the employee profile . We have a process were an evaluation form is sent to a manager and then a scoring process takes place to identify potential for the 9 box . Just curious to explore this.
catmoye
Participant
Thank you for the very detailed video! Next improvement from SF would need to be to be able to use custom MDF in the Mapping for Employee history, total freedom almost reached then 😉
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Agreed !
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
As per our conversation by email, I think it is possible but will test and confirm.
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi psmallwood1

I've explored this question over the past weeks when I tried to get the placement from the Obj-Comp matrix on the Performance form to feed the standard pmRating column on Compensation worksheets. I spent many hours trying to build an Integration Center job that would pull data directly from Performance Forms to feed an MDF object and I didn't manage to do it even with the help of Integration experts for a few hours. I am trying to work internally with the Product teams to figure out why this API which is documented in the API implementation guide isn't working. A few other implementation partners came to the same conclusions on PDC posts.

I found a way to make my specific requirement requirement work through the standard background elements that store Ratings on People Profile (sysOverallObjectiveRating and sysOverallCompetencyRating) + Integration center to pick them up and send them to MDF and then in the MDF I recalculate the final rating through a business rule which then feeds Compensation worksheets.

But all this to say that I don't think you we would be able to build an integration center job to pull any other data such as specific comments added to a custom field in Performance forms for example.

All the best

Xavier

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
prouts It should be coming soon ! Keep an eye out in the next release notes.
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
catherinemoy Video documented it in the 2H 2023 release blog (#1) here.
yanivflaxman
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Xavier and thank you for the great video.

is there any option to export data via integration center from the compensation planning module like the executive review forms data?
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi yanivflx

unfortunately we can't query data from Compensation planning through integration center or any other API at this time.

So we cannot do any "live" export of data from Comp planning screens to other platforms. We can however create scheduled SFTP exports (see design 2 of this link for a business case) every other hour but it's not "live".

A customer I'm working with wanted to create a live integration not long to feed their complex dashboard on a different site. We ended up recreating these complex dashboards directly into Compensation screens using YouCalc and Insights.

All the best,
Xavier

yanivflaxman
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you Xavier for the prompt response.

We don't actually need a live data, daily sync or twice will be enough.

The option to schedule report to SFTP is something we consider BUT isn't those reports has end of life from SAP soon?

Regards,

Yaniv

swagatikapanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, great post Xavier.