Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeeleshKamath
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Background:

Some organizations that I have come across have a minimum wage setup. For instance, if an employee has a 8 hour work schedule Mon – Fri, they get a minimum pay equivalent to working 4 hours even if they spend 5 minutes working for that day. And further beyond 4 hours, they get the regular pay for the number of hours they work in that day.

How can we set this up in Time Valuation?

You might already have some of your own ways to achieve this. I found a new way of dealing with this with a new time valuation method which was introduced in 2311 i.e using Create Time Record Method. Hence, I thought of sharing the same if it helps you in any way.

Let me illustrate how this can be done in a simpler way.

The below is a time recording profile (Clock Times) that I am going to use to achieve this.

NeeleshKamath_0-1711896379169.png

The first three evaluations are very self explanatory and most of this you would already know. They get recorded working time and deduct any unpaid breaks from them. Hence I would not get into details of them. Essentially the starting point would be recorded times without breaks.

NeeleshKamath_1-1711896411077.png

NeeleshKamath_2-1711896427687.png

NeeleshKamath_3-1711896445133.png

Now the main business starts from 4th evaluation until the last one

Create a dummy 4 hour record as a sample

It can have any start time and end time as fixed value as long the duration is 4 hour

NeeleshKamath_4-1711896469100.png

In the above example, I have it from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM

Check Min wage/pay 4 Hours

In this time valuation we will check if recorded times excluding breaks is below the 4 hour threshold or not. It uses a compare threshold with comparison group and route input type.

NeeleshKamath_5-1711896492481.png

If net recorded working times is less than 4 , we route the input (which is also net recorded times) to Time type group below where we store hours recorded below 4 hours for further minimum wage/pay check. If recorded hours are more than 4, then we move them to Time type group above where we pay the regular wage for the employee as per the hours worked for that day. The TTG Above CLT-PAY-REG is set as time pay type for payroll

Pay Min 4 Hours If Required

In this final time evaluation, we actually pay the minimum pay of 4 hours if the employee has worked less than 4 hours for that day. This too usesa compare threshold with comparison group and route input type.

NeeleshKamath_6-1711896521814.png

As you can see , we compare the results of previous time valuation (where we stored the hours below 4 hours threshold in TTG) as a comparison group and we compare that with the threshold 0 hours.

If CLT- Store Below 4 hours is > 0, it indicates that employee has minimum 1 minute of recorded time for that day. In that case we route the input time type group Min 4 HR Record or dummy 4 HR record to Time type group above CLT – Final pay min wage where employee is paid a minimum wage or pay equivalent of 4 hours for that day.

Now let’s test this out

Testing

The employee works for just 1 hour for a day

NeeleshKamath_7-1711896550062.png

But still gets 4 hours paid out. The minimum wage/pay concept has triggered here

Next, the employee works for 6 hours in a day. He/She gets standard pay for 6 hours as seen below

NeeleshKamath_8-1711896583123.png

This is one of the simpler ways of achieving this requirement which may sound a bit complex to begin with.

Hope the new dimension of “CREATE TIME RECORD” time valuation is unearthed here and you use it in your time valuations

Would be happy to hear about your feedback

Thanks

Neelesh