Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimiting an recurring deduction using business rule

Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to delimit a recurring deduction using business rule in Employee Central.

We have a use case where upon an employee's termination, we need to delimit any recurring deductions using their termination date as the effective date.

For example, if an employee's termination date is 01 July 2023, then I want this business rule to create a record effective 01 July 2023 and delimit any recurring deduction they have.

We have a similar rule in place to delimit certain recurring payments and now we want to do the same for recurring deductions.

I can't see recurring deduction as an object when I was trying to create a new rule.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

k_SuccessFC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @Ethan_Dai I can see on your first screenshot you created a cross-portlet entity rule, did you try to create a rule with just basic type, exactly as what is shown on the help guide link? Also, is there a current termination data to the user you are testing with? If yes, I think this is valid to raise with SAP as the business rule recommendation did not work. 

Thanks and Regards,
Kat

Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Kat, will raise a ticket with SAP and get them to have a look. Regards
sf_ec
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @Ethan_Dai, were you able to get this to work?
Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @sf_ec, no, ticket still sitting with SAP for about 3 weeks now. Thanks
k_SuccessFC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @Ethan_Dai can you try to check this SAP Help Guide Link: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_EMPLOYEE_CENTRAL/0514f99ba10b466aa4d89b3eb3d8ff10/848f3...
It provides an example of a business rule which deletes recurring deductions upon termination of employee? 

Thanks and Regards,
Kat

Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @k_SuccessFC,

Thanks for responding, I definitely did find that when I was searching.

But I have configured a rule based on that and it didn't work.. it's complaining about context object is null..

I also didn't understand why "create' is used when we want to delimit..

Thanks

Ethan_Dai_0-1688007685267.png

Ethan_Dai_1-1688007704735.png

k_SuccessFC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi @Ethan_Dai can you try to create this as an MDF Rule? as Recurring Deduction is an MDF object?
Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kat,

I tried that but now it doesn't matter what I select, there is an error saying Incomplete Discriminators

I also couldn't navigate back to job info object to configure the if statement.

Thanks

Ethan_Dai_0-1688009858982.png