cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying filter selection while exporting the results of a Canvas report to an excel file

elnatan2604
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm using sap success factors and I have a request from customer that they want to get the filters (from the filter summary screen) being applied on the report when they export the output to a excel file. The filters should be on a different sheet, not at the same sheet of the report output.

Is there any way to achieve this (even if the is a way to output the filters in the same sheet of the report its ok)?

Also, can we display the date of the run into the output of the report too? if so, how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is a Crystal report, simply drag {Record Selection Formula} or {Group Selection Formula} onto the report layout. You can find both under the Special Fields node.

elnatan2604
Explorer
0 Kudos

Im using sap success factors canvas report.

Im not familiar with the report you sent.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the date of run, add "Data Date" to the report. If you have a date on the report already, I suspect you're using "Print Date", which will always be the current date. Data Date gives you the date that the data was pulled into the report.

There is no way to automatically get the filter to export with the report from within Crystal, nor is there a way to export to multiple tabs from within Crystal itself. You could, however, potentially use the Report Header or Report Footer to simulate this. If you're using parameters in the report, you can display the parameter values on the report. So, you could set up a text block in either the RH or RF that contains the formula from the Select Expert. Anywhere there is a parameter, that value will automatically display unless you have a multi-select param. For each multi-select param you need to create a formula that will concatenate the values into a comma separated list. It will look something like this:

Local Numbervar i := 2;
Local Stringvar Result := "";
Local Numbervar iEnd := UBound({?MyParameter};
if iEnd <= 1 then Result := {?MyParameter};
Else
( Result := {?MyParameter}[1];
While i <= UBound({?MyParameter}) do
( Result := Result & ", " & {?MyParameter}[i]; i := i + 1;
)
)
Result

-Dell

elnatan2604
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can I do what you gave on sap success factors? If do, how?

JWiseman
Active Contributor

hi Dell, I hope that you're doing great. I found an old sample report that does do multiple tabs when exporting to .xls format...it takes a very very long time to export though and it's not really meant for viewing in any of the Crystal viewers, i.e. It's only meant for exporting to .xls...this is due to it creating a bunch of chr(10)s in order to force a new page. If anyone wants to view this, please change the .txt extension to .rptexporttoexcel-force-subreports-in-differenttabs.txt

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

elnatan2604, If the report is a Crystal Report, then you can edit it and do this. If it's not, then this was not the correct space to ask your question in.

jamie.wiseman, that's awesome! I've never seen it done that way before and I've been using Crystal for over 25 years! Thanks for posting that!

-Dell

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this by dragging over your parameter values onto the canvas. Note if any of the parameters are ranges you'll need to create a display formula like

minimum({?your range parameter}) + ' to ' + maximum({?your range parameter}) 

For multi-value parameters you'll need another type of formula like

join({?My Parameter},',')

For the date run, drag the Special Field "Data Date" from the Field Explorer.

elnatan2604
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can I do what you gave on sap success factors? If do, how?