cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing SAP Enable Now Content

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

We created content (Simulations and E-learning) using SAP Enable Now and published it to Learner View in Enable Now Manager. I understand that to view/consume this content from Learner View, End Users need valid SAP Enable Now subscription licences.

However, if the customer publishes this Simulations and E-learning content as standalone SCORM packages and uploads them to their in-house Learning Management system, will the End Users still need valid SAP Enable Now subscriptions to open/consume the Enable Now content uploaded to customer's in-house LMS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

You can configure you SAP application to display the standard content through SAP Companion for that application. The SAP Companion Integration Guide explains how to turn on SAP Companion for different applications. When you configure SAP Companion, make sure that you configure the Standard Content Only scenario, if you configure the Customer Content Scenario or the Extended Scenario, you will be required to specify your Enable Now Manager URL details and when users try to access content they will be authenticated and a user record created.

Regards
Shane

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanking you Shane for explaining the scenario clearly.

The SAP Companion Integration Guide link provided does not open. I get the error as "We couldn't find that page." May I request for the updated link?

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Angad,

You must sign into help.sap.com to access the guide. Click the person icon on help.sap.com in the top, right corner and sign in. Then try the link again.

Regards
Shane

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Angad,

The only options to consume content created using SAP Enable Now without an Enable Now user license are:

1. You can consume standard SAP content, such as Simulations, through SAP Companion but the content cannot be modified in any way, including rebranding
2. You distribute content in one of the static formats, e.g. PDF or MP4. If the content does not use any component of Enable Now, including the content player (Trainer), users do not require a license.

SCORM content is played back within the Enable Now content player (Trainer) so requires a license.

Regards
Shane

AngadJadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanking you Dirk and Shane for the precise responses. One follow-up question: I understand that standard SAP content can be consumed without an Enable Now User licence. It means that the standard content is available in the public domain, right? If yes, could you please share the link to the Standard Content?

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Well, I don't know I'd go so far as to say "public domain"... Correct - no SAP Enable Now license is needed to consume the standard content, but you'd still need an SAP S/4 license to be able to get to it, so I don't think it is entirely 'free to anyone who wants it'.

The URL is already built into the application (that SAP Companion is connected to) - you don't access it directly. But if you want to see everything that is available, see this blog post.

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Yes, you should still have licenses for them when they consume SCORMed packages in an LMS, because the content was generated using SAP technology. It's difficult to police because there is no tracking, but that's the official line.