cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalate/Notify manager when learning item (compliance training) is over due?

whchuang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there, under the Learning Activities > Items, if I go into an item (e.g. a compliance ELN course), there is a "Email Notifications" tab, which I can "Override Learning Expiration Email Notification Defaults" which is good. This would allow "course-level" control over learning expiration email notifications (e.g. overdue email notification). However, I'm surprised that it seems that there is NO option for me to setup/configure in a way, that it would ONLY start notifying/escalating learners' "Managers" AFTER the learner has passed the due date? Am I missing something here, or is there any work-around for such setup? It seems that the current design with "Threshold" and "Reminder Period" does not allow Admins to set it up this way? Thanks!

HeatherLeBlanc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am a little unclear on what you are asking. It sounds like you are having notifications sent to Managers before the due/overdue date? That you want the managers to only receive overdue notifications?

whchuang
Participant
0 Kudos

hmoyer : YES! Please also see my other "customer influence" post https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/279737/?section=sectionDetails for ore details. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ira_felinski_yt
Explorer

The learning overdue notification is sent once the assigned learning items due date has been passed and is overdue for users. The learning expiration notification is sent to users before to remind them that they have assigned learning due for completion by X date.

Check your Learning Expiration Email Notification automatic process settings.

whchuang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ira, thanks for your reply. Maybe I missed out something, but under my Automatic Processes settings, I can see a "Learning Expiration Email Notification" (Due Soon) setting, but not a "Learning Overdue Email Notification" (ApmTrainingOverdue) setting. See:

Am I missing something here? I think we are using the latest version of SuccessFactors Learning LMS. Thanks!

ira_felinski_yt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, check that the Overdue Learning Email notification setting is enabled/ticked