cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter tag for book and book pages

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario that I wish to share a book with book pages that are filtered by roles. For example,

- admin should have access to these certain book pages within the book A.

- project owner should only see another set of book pages within the book A.

So, I have created some tags to assign to all the book pages and I use the Filter to filter out the book pages. For example:

I can see the Start Link of the book has a library file which should be including the filter configuration.

However, when I open the book with this Start Link, the book pages are not filtered as what I expected.

Is this filter only work for Library View and not Book ? If so, is there any way I can share a filtered book and book pages to learner?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the Filter functionality only works with an On Premise implementation (or that may be the filter availability on the Trainer), and for on-prem they are largely just 'within Producer'?

But why don't you just have two separate Books, and insert common slides 'As Reference'? You're still only maintaining one copy of each slide, but you can be sure that each Role is only seeing exactly what you want them to, and you don't need to worry about individual pages being mis-tagged.