cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Assignment records in Variable Pay

DeniseJay
Explorer
0 Kudos

If someone has gone on a Global Assignment part way through the year, the requirement is to show both records in VP, e.g. 3 months bonus calculated based on home record and 9 months bonus calculated based on host record. I am seeing two rows for for them in VP, however only one is populated and relates to the Paused record and the other is blank.

Where a global assignment spans the entire year, the requirement is to see one row in VP and have 100% of the bonus calculated based on their host record. I am seeing one row in VP but the bonus is calculated based on the paused record.

In my Global and EE History eligibility rules, I have stated Employee Status must be 'Active', 'Leave of Absence', 'Paid Leave of Absence' or 'Dormant'.

Please can you advise how to write the eligibility rules so that VP meets the requirements mentioned above?

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi denisejay

Can you share a screenshot of what you see in Plan Setup > Employee history after you filter by the Last Name of this test employee ?

Can you also share a screenshot of the situation you have in the worksheet where one row is blank ?

That will help us determine whether it is indeed a Global eligibility rule issue or a bonus plan issue (where the home record doesn't get tied to a bonus plan hence nothing calculates).

Can you also export the template xml in Advanced Settings and tell us what value you see for the following tag : <include-eligible-users-only>

All the best

Xavier

DeniseJay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Since my original question I have tweaked my business rules and now have two records coming through for someone who is on Global Assignment. In the example shown below the first row is the GA row from 1 March and is prorating correctly for Mar-Dec 23.

The second row relates to their Home (paused/dormant) record. This is coming through to VP but showing as 100% proration rather than just 1 Jan-1 Feb which is the period before they went on global assignment.

Also shown below is the business rule I have constructed to control the EE History file.

phil.macgovern and xavierlegarrec are either of you able to advise how to adjust my rules so that the home record is shown for the correct period?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is not possible to put both the home and host records in a single row. As far as VP is concerned, the home and host records are two people, as different as you and I. There is no sharing of data between the home and host record. There will always be two rows.

You need to have the eligibility rule create history records for three months for "home" employee and nine months for "host" employee. All of the data needed to calculate a bonus must be on both records.

It is more or less impossible for me to debug your scenario. All I can say that in the Best Practices EC configuration, we have added a custom field called "Home/Host Designation" to the Job Information portlet for exactly this scenario. This field is a picklist with three possible values: Home, Host, and Home - On Assignment. Business rules set this field in reaction to the "Going on GA" and "Returning from GA" event reasons; it is never manually set. As you might imagine, all employees active at their home assignment have a value of "Home". When an employee goes on GA, the home record field is updated to be "Home - On Assignment" and the host record is populated with "Host". When the employee returns from assignment, the home record is reset to "Home".

The Employee History eligibility rule is checks for "Home" and "Host" and ignores the "Home - On Assignment" value.

pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I may have misunderstood your issue. I think you know about the two rows vs one row.

However, the description of how we solve that issue at SAP still stands.

DeniseJay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi phil.macgovern I have just posted an update on this and have just re-read the comment that you submitted last week.

If I have understood correctly, you are suggesting that we add a custom field to Job Info called "Home/Host Designation" and have a business rule set up to auto-populate that field with values 'Home', 'Host' and 'Home - On Assignment'. The auto-population triggers when event reasons are added for 'Going on GA' or 'Returning from GA'. Once this is in place, I update my EE History rule to include criteria that says 'home/host designation = 'home' or 'host'. If I do that, then both home and host records will show with the correct pro-ration in variable pay.

Have I understood that correctly? And can you confirm that this is what SAP advise to get Global Assignments working correctly in Variable Pay?

Also, are you able to share any documentation that you may have regarding the Home/Host Designation field? I'm particularly keen to see the business rule that you set up so we can get this right, if this is the way forward.

Thank you for your support with this.

pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - I was just replying to your first message. Yes, you need a Home/Host Designation field. This is what SAP has in our Best Practices configuration. The rules themselves are straight-forward:

HOMEHOST1:

HOMEHOST2:

pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HOMEHOST3:

HOMEHOST4:

HOMEHOST 1 is an 'onInit' rule on the Employee Information Model. 2 is an "onInit" rule on JobInformation. Rule 1 sets the flag to "Home" on hire. Rule 2 sets it to "Host" when the new record is created when the employee goes on assignment.

HOMEHOST 3 and 4 are both "onSave" rules on JobInfo. Rule 3 sets the home record to "Home - On Assignment" and 4 sets it to "Home" once more when they return.

Of course, your event reason codes may be different.

pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The EC -> EH processing rule is:

I hope this helps.