Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello and help?

SashaD
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All, 
I'm brand new here, just signed up today.
I am wanting to join the HCM board, so I can post the below question - but there doesn't seem to be a button to join? Any clues?

QUESTION:

Can someone please clarify the best way to set up an initial and refresher training in SAP SuccessFactors? Currently the substitutions feature is being used to kick off a 3-year countdown, however this set up method is creating a lot of surplus completion data, that is confusing for users, but also not useful for reporting.

Context: 
1. Learning Item One - completed by the user first
2. Learning Item Two - completed by the user three years after they complete Learning Item One. Learning Item Two is then completed by the user every three years.
3. Learning Item Two (the refresher training) appears in the users 'My Learning Assignments' list 30 days before the three-year period is up.
4. User completes the refresher training, and the three-year countdown starts again.

We are currently here:
Curricula one with Assignment Profile assigns Learning Item One to users.
Curricula two with Assignment Profile assigns Learning Item Two to users, based on their completion of Learning Item One. Retraining set to 1,095 days.
Problem we have: Learning Item Two is appearing in users 'My Learning Assignments' list as soon as they have completed Learning Item One. This is not what we want, we want Learning Item Two to appear in three years' time. We know it's because of the way we have set up the items, but we don't know the best way to set it up to deliver the outcome we want.

Any tips / tricks or documentation on best practice initial and refresher training set up would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SashaD
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello? Just wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations for best practice set up of Initial and Refresher (retraining) that is difference. 

So the use case is this:

Learning Item 1 = Initial training. To be completed within the first 90 days of start date.
Learning Item 2 = Refresher training (Retraining). To be completed 3 years from start date.

Anyone got any ideas on the best way to set this up in the SAP SuccessFactors system?