Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPB - hybrid scenario

cweiss
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear community,

following situation and resulting questions: We do have an instance where EC is implemented for a specific user population whereas other users only do have LMS or PMGM access which is running without EC. We are now asking ourselves if it is possible to implement a job profile builder concept where we can map job roles to job codes (no EC) for those who are not using EC and at the same time assinging job roles to Job Classification (with EC) for those users with a position management. Is that possible, or do we have to decide for one way, so that not all users in the instance are benefiting from the platform feature Job Profile Builder?

I really appreciate your support! Thanks for clarifying this topic.

All the best

Carolin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well it depends on the benefits you think to get from it. I think the bigger question is whether all users are in the same system as then technically from a system perspective EC is turned on (along with the tables such as job classifications). In LMS, I personally don't see any benefit from having it in place, whereas in PMGM it would only be worth it to set it up if you want to connect certain competencies to certain job codes (so that those by default are part of the performance form). If that is the case, you could give it a go and see with testing if that works out for you, else it may not be that beneficial in my perspective. Keep in mind Job Profile builder can be nice, but its also a lot of maintenance (which means in practice a lot of customers cannot keep up with it).