Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Regarding SAP Companion for Desktop

vridhituli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to explore the SAP Companion for Desktop feature within SAP Enable Now. I have some questions around it.

1. How can I roll out SAP Companion for Desktop to End users? How can they access SAP Companion for Desktop from their machines without having to install SAP Enable Now? 

2. What to do if an end user is not able to view a guided tour on a bigger monitor properly? The highlights and the hotspots appear misplaced when the guided tour is run on a bigger monitor. Is there a way to fix that? How can I record a guided tour whose resolution remains unaffected by the size of the screen it is run on? Is it possible to do that?

3. How can I neutralise the data on a recorded guided tour to make the end user experience seamless? What pointers do I need to keep in mind? There are quite a few transactions that involve entering alphanumeric fields (Material number/PO, etc.). An end user cannot be expected to enter the exact same characters as entered in a recorded guided tour. What can I do to make learning for an end user hassle free? Can you please suggest ways around it?

4. Also, would the guided tour be sensitive to the the SAP logon theme it is recorded on? I tested the guided tour I recorded using an old SAP logon theme with a user that had the Quartz theme of SAP logon selected. Some of the screen icons/elements were identifiable and some weren't. What do you suggest is a best practice here?

I understand these questions are lengthy. And I am asking a lot here. Request you to please provide a resolution as and when you can.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

Q1: For on prem SEN they have to install it. For cloud they just need to launch a URL, but this should be done as part of startup of their machine so SAP Companion for Desktop is always running. How to do this is covered in the official documentation and also a couple of Notes.

Q2: Screenshots aren't used in Guided Tours, so the playback zoom doesn't apply. If hotspots are misplaced it is likely that the user has a different display scaling to the author. Create the GT at 100% and encourage users to use the same settings.

Q3: Absolutely critical that you (correctly) neutralize the page keys - see Tools > Context Administration > Replace Key Attributes. Details are in the official documentation.

Q4: It shouldn't make a difference, but again consistency is key to avoid problems as far as possible. Create using the default theme for your company, and encourage users to use the same theme.

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to Dirk's response to your questions, you can find details about how to implement SAP Companion for Desktop in this document.  You are likely to have to log into help.sap.com to be able to access the document but it does contain details about how to deploy SAP Companion for Desktop - both the Cloud on On Premise versions.

Regards
Shane

azov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1st question.

In any case you have to install additional soft. It depends on SEN edition cloud or onprem. Check installation guid there are quite a lot of information about delivery scenario and autostart DA.

2nd question

Try to change this parameter in settings. Screen attached.

3rd question

Did you neutralise page key?

4th question

It's quite interesting question I've heard something about this but I haven't checked