Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Learning Survey to Two Different Courses

margaretstraub
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

I created a standard learning survey to attach to all instructor-led training courses. While I was able to attach the survey to all ILT items, when I test completing the survey I run into some issues. On the first test, I marked my attendance for a class and saw the survey was added to my learning assignments. I completed the survey related to this class. On my second test, I marked my attendance for a class but the survey was not added to my learning assignments.

I went back to the course and selected "Initiate Survey" to see if this would trigger the survey to be added to my assignments for the second class, but it did not. I received an error message that says "The survey cannot be triggered as it was already triggered for all the registered users or there are no current registrations."

Can a user only complete a survey once even if it is attached to two different courses? Is there a setting that will allow the same user to complete the same survey for two different classes?

In addition, I have an email notification associated with the survey, but did not receive an email alerting me to the survey for either test. Is this email automatically triggered?

Thank you!

View Entire Topic
FredericMONEGER
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear @margaretstraub,

Satisfaction survey is associated to the item completion. Marking attendance in a class of an item does not automatically trigger the survey. It may be manually triggered by the admin, even before the item completion is recorded. In this case, the survey is sent out to all registrants, regardless of being later credited with the completion or not.

Once completion is recorded, if the APM Course Feedback and Follow-Up Surveys Email Notification is scheduled, the email notification will be sent out (read here https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_LEARNING/5fae31b1299d4033b665edabea7b9087/4d4331b959974...).

> Can a user only complete a survey once even if it is attached to two different courses? No. Two different items with the same survey template will be sent out twice upon completion of the two items.

> Is there a setting that will allow the same user to complete the same survey for two different classes? No. Survey works from the item completion, not the class attendance. If the item is completed multiple times, the survey may be triggered mutliple times as well. Some scenarios may vary here.

> Is this email automatically triggered? No, please ref above to the automatic process that needs to be scheduled.

Hope that helps

KR, Frederic