cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a route map step be 'shared' by multiple HR reps?

sarah1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help me - I think this is a fairly common issue but I'm not sure how to handle it in our configuration and would like to know how others are handling this scenario.

We have multiple HR personnel that are responsible for a group of employees. In our route map configuration, we want 'HR' to review performance and compensation forms after the employee completes it. However, we want the form to go into a 'bucket' that those HR personnel are all responsible for processing. The reason we want to do this is to avoid forms being stuck in the queue when people go on vacation, leave, etc. In our current configuration, we have created a specific user, assigned that user to the route map step, and then assigned proxy access to all our HR personnel so everyone can go in as the fake person and process the forms. Although we have assigned an HR Rep to each employee, I don't think we are leveraging this and perhaps, certain features of Success Factors.

Is there a better way to configure the route map to achieve the group 'bucket'?

Hopefully, that is clear. Thanks in advance!

View Entire Topic
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi sjmah

in Compensation we recommend granting HR access to Executive Review (based on Role Based Permission and very granular) instead of trying to add them to a specific step of the workflow.

This is because the compensation module is planner centric so employees on one worksheet for one planner could have different HR Managers and we can't split it from the worksheet they're in to send them to be approved by their HR and then bring them back. Hence Executive Review is way more handy because access can be granted based on the HR Job Relationship of EC.

All the best

Xavier

AlinaTalvescu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier, thanks for this comment, your input is always valuable. Have you find any way for the Executive Reviewers to be announced automatically by the system when their turn comes? I am always suggesting adding HR/P&Cs/ CoEs as Executive Reviewers, rather than approvers in route map due to the same reason you exposed, but the challenge is that we are forcing them to align offline with the person from the route map that holds the worksheets and their approval is not recorded as such.

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi adobre

The product team is working on an enhancement to have Executive Review roles turned on and off based on steps of the Compensation workflow... It should be available by end of 2024.

All the best

Xavier