cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot generate a PDF after latest Microsoft Office update

ankur_bijalwan
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are not able to generate PDF documents after the latest update for Microsoft 365 Monthly Enterprise subscription (Version 2402 Build 16.0.17328.20282).

The PDF icon appears under the simulation. However, when we open folder, there is no PDF file created.

I have tried the following:

1. Confirmed that I am able to save a word file as PDF from MS Office.
  2. Performed clean reinstallation of MS Office
  3. Tried generating document on 5 different machines with same results

This was working a month back. As Office is working as intended, rolling back the update is not an option. Also, the Office updates in my organization are automatic and any rollback will be overridden every time I restart the system.

Is there a fix for this issue? Please suggest what should I do next?

View Entire Topic
ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Generation of documentation only works for Enable Now when Office 365 is installed on the authoring PC; not the browser version of the application.  I suspect that you are trying to generate documentation with a cloud version of Office 365.  The following details are in the Enable Now requirements document.

Office.png

Regards
Shane

ankur_bijalwan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Shane, Thank you for your response. I am not using the cloud version. I have an enterprise subscription and the apps are installed on my authoring machine. This was working fine till last update and the issue is with Enable Now only. Rest all apps are working fine and I can save a PDF from MS word installed on my PC. I have tested this on multiple machines and have uninstalled an reinstalled office too.

ankur_bijalwan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shane, I just raised a SAP ticket for this issue. This is a known bug and will be fixed in next release. Here are a few workarounds to fix this.

https://me.sap.com/notes/3411718

Unfortunately, I cant try Workaround 1 due to IT policies and rest are not working for me.