Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascaded goal-limit fields the receipent may edit

straynor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do see that there is a switch to add to the goal plan XML to set a cascader role.  And the cascade role may have permissions to write goal plan fields.  However, I cannot find any documentation that explains what fields can be edited by someone that received a cascaded goal.  This is possible for team goals using the cascade-update attribute for goal fields and wasn't sure something like this can be possible for cascaded goals.

View Entire Topic
k_SuccessFC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @straynor it depends on the fields defined on your XML template. Here are some example of fields from the SAP Help Guide: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_PERFORMANCE_AND_GOALS/4a24e48b5c384b18a81f6b661305021e/...

Thanks and Regards,
Kat

straynor
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Kat, I appreciate your response. I do see that a cascader role can be set as a switch in the goal plan. Then Cascader role permissions can identify what fields can be seen and edited by the user who cascaded their goals to others. I don’t see anything about the user that receives the cascaded goal – how to limit the fields that user can modify on the goal cascaded to them? Is that possible? Also, for imported goals, is there a way to limit what the recipient of the imported goal can do with a goal? For instance, prohibit an imported goal from being deleted by a user from their plan.
k_SuccessFC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @straynor my understanding is that XML code changes on the fields from cascade-update="push-down" means users cascaded with team goals are just able to view the goal plan fields which is the default setting and setting it to cascade-update="regular" allows the users to edit the cascaded goals. These are all XML Changes in Provisioning. For your last query, I am not entirely sure but probably, this is something that is controlled via XML as well.

Thanks and Regards,
Kat