cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deprecation of Basic Rule scenario in business rules

CouncilCrusader
Explorer

Kia ora,

We noticed that there will now be a warning when creating a business rule using Basic Rule scenario, alluding to a future deprecation date.

If there is any more information that someone can share on when the final deprecation date is planned that would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
ahonsheng
Explorer

Kia ora! 

Yep there's a separate release note regarding this depreciation of basic rule scenarios. It will be deleted on June 2, 2024. I have attached a photo and link to it. https://help.sap.com/docs/PRODUCTS/8e0d540f96474717bbf18df51e54e522/d8405d9fdee442b29d60fff3120705db...

SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central 

ahonsheng_0-1697594853714.png

Let me know if you have any question for other release, happy to help!

jacqueliney
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,
Understand that SAP will not delete existing Basic rule scenario from existing customers and that CREATION of basic scenario will ceased from 2 June 2024.
As such just to confirm, if existing customers would like to clone/refresh Production to Dev/preview instance after 2 June 2024, and all rules are using Basic, will there be any complications? Eg. Basic scenario is not longer available hence Target instance will not be able to clone/refresh successfully.

Appreciate your advise.

Cheers,
Jacqueline

stockp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Jacqueline,

There is no impact when refreshing instances. All basic rules will be refreshed as well, also after 1H 2024 release. Instance refresh is using a different mechanism to clone the data. What we are deprecating is the possibility to create new rules for the basic scenario on the UI. On the Configure Business Rules UI you will no longer be able to select the basic scenario when creating new rules.

Let me point you also to the blog that my colleague Sylvia Strangfeld has provided on this overall topic: https://community.sap.com/t5/product-and-customer-updates/2h-2023-stepping-into-the-future-with-busi... 

Regards, Peter