Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field for Training Provider at Item Level

Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, 

We have a requirement to identify the training provider for each of the Item, i.e. Internal Depart 1, External Vendor A etc. I'm wondering if there is an existing standard field for such at Item level? If so, is it free-text for referenced field? If there is no such field, could you share your experience/ best practices in retaining training provider information in SF LMS?

An extended question will be: is there any documentation on the list of standard field available for Item/ Curriculum?

View Entire Topic
FredericMONEGER
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Good day @Bumin,

Few additional questions to your request:

- will it always be a 1:1 relationship between one given item and training provider?

- how many training providers are you looking at? a few, dozens or hundreds?

Standard documentation offers item details fields: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_LEARNING/5fae31b1299d4033b665edabea7b9087/138b811426014...

and curriculum details fields: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_LEARNING/68656c0852e14b3b97fa47815152dd2c/8239993cfbce4...

KR, Frederic

Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @FredericMONEGER. Yes, it will be a 1 item tagged to 1 training provider relationship. However, 1 training provider could be the service provider for many items. The estimated number of the training providers can be very large because we are a global organisation..
Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @FredericMONEGER, to follow-up with your sharing on the "Standard documentation offers item details", I noticed there is a "Source" field. From the description, it means to be somewhat refer to the meaning of Service Provider? In the documentation, I noticed it was mentioned that " You can create or modify source in the Sources section (References Learning Activities Sources)". Does it then mean that this field is a "refrenced field" and cannot be free-text?
FredericMONEGER
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi @Bumin, the "Source" field is by design a referenced field. The challenge with free text is that it can be a source of typos. "estimated number of the training providers can be very large" - can you share how many at start and how many 5yrs later? Just an attempt to define what "very large" can mean for you?
Bumin
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @FredericMONEGER, I will say a ballpark figure is around 500 and upwards for now, given the various geographical locations that we are in. The number could grow with time. I agree that a referenced field is a lot more organized but the thought of building an additional process to create a new value every time a new provider is onboarded is something we need to assess. Do you happen to know if there is a KBA on the permissioning for "source" and best practice? I am curious if the permission can be delegated to learning administrator level rather than at a LMS System Admin level.