cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a column with "Direct Links" to classes in Plateau Report Designer?

UweStieglitz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, I want to create a report in Plateau Report Designer, where one columns contains the direct link to a class. I know the logic to build a direct link. I can identify the class id and I know the strings, which I have to add before and after the class id.

This even works in the preview in PRD, but the report fails in Success Learning. Since the concat function basically works, I assume that the strings before and after the class id create the problems. Maybe it is the special characters inside, maybe they are too long.

Do you have a workaround for that? How can I create a PRD with direct links to classes?

Thanks a lot, Uwe

UweStieglitz
Participant
0 Kudos
I tested more around this and learned more about the root cause.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

UweStieglitz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested more:

This is my actual sql:

Select

'https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/learning?destUrl=https%3a%2f%2fdeutschel%2eplateau%...' || a.schd_id || '%26fromSF%3dY&company=Lufthansa' as direct_link,

This select works perfectly fine in PRD, but after importing to SF, the report fails.

So I played around

Select

'Tom' || a.schd_id || 'Bill' does not fail in SF LNR

'Tom?' || a.schd_id || 'Bill' does fail in SF LNR

So I assume it is the question mark that causes the failure.

Any idea how to work around this?

Brgds., Uwe

SF-Dan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

class IDs will always be numeric, maybe add that type validation first?
You may also want to post in our New Learning Custom Report Exchange Group 

UweStieglitz
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @SF-Dan, thanks for the quick reply. Of course you are right: Class IDs are always numeric. And in the select statements "a.schd_id" will be replaced with the numeric class id, whenver the script is executed. And thanks for the hint regarding the PRD exchange group. I will also post there... Thanks, Uwe