Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Revision Questions

Lik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well to everyone.

I have a few questions regarding item revision in SF LMS. An online item linked with a curriculum is required to update the content object. Item revision is used, however, I found out that when the item is finalized, the newly revised item will be re-assigned according to the curriculum setting. This reassignment of item within the curriculum is not optimal, since if the users have the old version of the item in overdue, then the new version of the item will be reassigned to user's learning plan with a new due date.

I want to keep the old due date of the curriculum, but I could not find a solution in SAP resources. Could you please give me some ideas of solving this issue?

Thank you in advanced.

View Entire Topic
MarcL
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lik Au,

we had the same problems when we started couple year ago. Check out this SAP KBA: https://me.sap.com/notes/2549031

As a short version, you need to maintain the "Substitutes" relations between the different versions of the Item and make sure to tick "Update Curricula" during the finalizing process of the revision.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Marc

Lik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply!

How will your company view the overdue training in this case then? Since when assign the new version of the item, then the overdue item, which is the old version, will be ignored and user will have a new due date. This is not what we want; at least we want to keep the old due training date for the overdue training....

I tried Substitutes and it only fits for the completed item in the curricula.

Best regards,

Lik

MarcL
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lik,

we only use and report the curriculum information, not the item itself. Depending on what settings you have here and from which option the due date is calculated, it could remain different. But for as, it worked as expected.

Do you run the Curriculum Clean-up Process for the correct assignment?

Regards
Marc

Lik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

yes we have the clean-up process. but what we need here is, after the item revision, the due date of the curricula will remain the same as before. Of what we learned from SAP, the new version of the item is treated in LMS as new item entity, hence once the new version of the item is being active, then the current curricula due date of the item will be updated accordingly.

Have anyone else facing similar problem like us?

Best regards,

Lik

SAP SuccessFactors Learning#Item Revision