cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Root Group Folder - Unsorted Issues

laurenfisher404
Participant
0 Kudos

We originally had a Root Group Folder. Somehow it got deleted. We've noticed that our Unsorted Folder has gotten large and when new developers come on to our project, a lot of stuff go into the Unsorted Folder. We were told that it could be due to the root group missing. 

Is there a way we can add the root group folder back or create one in the existing workarea? 

@DirkManuel @ShaneLipke 

laurenfisher404_0-1715113358987.png

View Entire Topic
mani_rathnam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @DirkManuel 

When I tested, I am unable to delete the Root group from either manager or producer. In Producer, I can locally remove the root group. In Manager, I can delete only the contents below root group with the option "Delete Tree".

I think in laurenfisher404 case, someone might have renamed it...

laurenfisher404
Participant
0 Kudos
@mani_rathnam so I believe someone did rename it. I see our main folder has "root group" in the description. Based on best practices. What should I do? Rename it root and create another folder underneath to house our content? @DirkManuel
DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@laurenfisher404Yes, that would probably be the best course of action. You can probably check to confirm that this one was originally called "root group" by going to Versions/Tags in Manager, and Show Version 1. Then, like I say, go see who changed it and castigate them severely!

Note that root doesn't need to actually be named "root" but I find it is easier for people to understand what it is if you leave it called that (especially when you initialize Producer and get the message about checking out "server root").