Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD: Unable to convert UTC timezone to specific Timezone

assravichandr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good day! Badly needed help as I am unable to convert the UTC time zone from PRD to specific timezone when report has been imported in LMS.

I already follow this KBA but it still doesnt fix my problem. https://me.sap.com/notes/2747000

I have used both event handler and conversion query but to no avail 😞

When I run preview results via PRD it is showing the correct timezone but when I already imported the file in LMS then run the report it is still showing the UTC timezone.

Example: 

Preview Result in PRD: Completion Date: April 8, 2:00 AM

Running the Report in LMS: Completion Date: April 7, 6:00 PM

Completion Date of the User in the UI: April 8, 2:00 AM

Please advise! Attaching the PRD query for assistance. Thank you so much Experts

Best Regards,

Wayne

View Entire Topic
fgarayevaz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here 2 approach can be applied:

• to show everything according to 1 specific timezone;
  • to show dates and times according to preferred time zone of report executer;

In general for both situation this function can be used:

to_char(pkg_tool_get_new_date(hs.compl_dte,'UTC',rf.PREFERRED_TIMEZONE),'yyyy-MM-dd')

In my case hs.compl_dte is the date (completion date from Learning history) which you would like to see differently. rf.PREFERRED_TIMEZONE in my case was the value from preferred time zone of report executer, but in your case it can be static time zone value like Asia\Baku. 'yyyy-MM-dd' is the format how you want to see the date.

If you would like separately to see the completion time then below function can be used:

to_char(pkg_tool_get_new_date(hs.compl_dte,'UTC',rf.PREFERRED_TIMEZONE),'HH24:MI').

Julie_Davis_Wyn
Participant
0 Kudos
This information is great, but where are you applying this code? (some of us only dabble in PRD enough to get by, but when it gets technical like this, I need to be spoon fed like an Engineer!)