Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish Recurring pay components from Compensation to EC for Multiple countries

mithunkumar724
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of my client have their entities in 75 countries. and each country has their own pay components. Is there any way i can publish the revised pay components back to EC from compensation

View Entire Topic
pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Each 'salary' pay component should have the "Used for Comp Planning" flag set to either "Comp" or "Both":

Then, when creating the XML for publishing back, do no explicitly map a pay component like this: (assuming that the new salary is in a column with ID 'customNewBase'):

When you do not map a pay component ID in the publish, the system will publish to which ever pay component the employee has that has the "Used for Comp Planning" set.

Note: not all pay components used in a comp worksheet need the 'Used for Comp Planning' flag set. Only the 'salary' ones. EC will prevent an employee having more than one of these pay components. So if you have Salary, Bonus and Allowances, and all are on the comp worksheet, you need to make sure only the 'salary' one has that flag.

JayH
Participant
0 Kudos

@pmacgovern, Thanks for this post. Will this approach work if the pay component for one country is monthly and for another is annual and both are in the AnnualizedSalary PC Group? In other words, will the adjustment be annualized for all and then written back to the monthly PC as a monthly amount and to the annual PC as an annual amount?

pmacgovern
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
@JayH - it has nothing to do with the pay component group. That is always annualized. If you look at the snippet I posted, the value that is written to the pay component is the one in column "customNewBase". You would need to make sure that this value is appropriate for the employee - monthly salaries need to be monthly and so on. The system won't take an annual value and convert it to monthly, you need to do that yourself.