Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBP Permissions do not work in table report

Ssindhuja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a permission role in system whose target population includes all employees except employees in department code 23000. This means as per permissions, if employee belonging to that role proxies as employee in department 23000, they would be able to see the simple employee profile portlet only and not other portlets. This works in the UI but while generating a report, all the chosen fields data gets populated for department 23000 as well, which should not be the case.

Can anyone tell me why is this happening?

Regards,

Sindhuja R

OliverV
Explorer
0 Kudos

My assumption is that the employee gets the role because (s)he is in the granted group - but it is only active for the assigned target group.

The table report shows all permissions the employee has - but you'll need a 2nd report to show for which population the role is active.

I am working with 3 reports & combine the data in Excel

1. Granted Group - Role - Target Group

2. Group - employee

3. Role - employee - target group

marianolanza
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi olivervancappel , thanks for sharing this! Were you able to report out the definition of those "Targets Group" from SF reporting? we are trying to get those definitions (population included and/or excluded) from SF reporting for an internal project.

Thanks

Mariano

OliverV
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Mariano, yes - it's possible to work with simple table reports. I played around with these domains:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)