cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Companion for desktop with SSO it keeps asking to login when I launch companion

enzovera88
Explorer
0 Kudos

Activate sso in the manager, and for now it works fine, when I enter SAP Companion for desktop from a shortcut that I have on the desktop, it asks me to log in, which is perfect for the first time.

What happens is that when I close Companion, and then decide to open it again, it asks me to log in again, whereas it had already done so the first time. Is there a way to only ask to log in the first time and not the others?

Since it is annoying for end users that they have to log in every time they close and open Companion.

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your SSO probably isn't set up correctly, then. For SSO to work, both SAP Enable Now and whatever you are logged on to already need to be using the same authenticator, and (critically!) the same Userid (UUID). So if you are logged on to your company network, and then want to start SAP Companion for Desktop (which will initially authenticate via Manager) without having to enter your password, both your company network and SAP Enable Now need to be using the same Userid, authenticating through the same IDP.

The fact that you are being asked to log on to SAP Companion for Desktop even the first time indicates that SSO is not set up correctly.

enzovera88
Explorer
0 Kudos

What do you mean it's not configured correctly? SSO works well for the manager, for example, where you only need to log in once, and then when you log in a second time, log in directly without asking to log in.

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So having to log in to Manager at all doesn't sound right (and it not asking you the second time is probably because the browser is remembering your credentials. Usually, SSO is set up so that once you log on to the corporate network (usually when you start up / log on to your PC at the start of the day) you don't get prompted to enter your Userid/password when you log on to any applications set up for SSO - like S/4 and SEN. That's the point of SSO. But for that to work, the network, and the applications (including SEN) all need to use the same IAS/IDP and the same UUID. My guess is that's not the case. But there's a lot of variables, so I couldn't say for sure. Ask your company's Security/Access people.