Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enable Now - Exclude object titles from translation

Leo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

When using the SAP Enable Now Machine translation Option (combined with SAP Translation Hub), I only want to translate the manual text, which has been added in explanation bubbles within the recording.

Is there an option to specify, what needs to be translated?

For most cases (at least in my experience) the content, which needs to be translated can be grouped in:

Manual translatable content:

- Titles (Recording title, step titles)

- Changed texts for automatically generated interaction texts (e.g. "Click here"- texts, which have been modified. I usually discourage users of changing them and add separate bubbles)

- Manually added explanation bubbles

Automatically generated content:

- Interaction texts

All automated content can be translated with the dictonary / Automatic Translation.

For automated content I want to keep one element and translate the others (current example: The (English) title should be used for ALL languages to have a clear understanding which elements belong together).

Is there a way to do this? Right now, I would need to change all titles back to English after the translation.

If there is no solution like this, my idea would be to use the translation information text object to specify additional details about the recording (e.g. list all possible object types in the recording, where you can select all objects to be translated).

Best regards

Leopold

View Entire Topic
ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Dirk,

Yes all manually entered text, including all meta data like the Titles, will be sent for translation. The only thing the Include Generated Project Texts does is to send the recorded macro text, if the field is selected.

Regards
Shane