Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFSF-indicate in Business Rule not to affect ONB in hiring process

adriangalisteo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peers

Is it possible to create a business rule that does not affect onboardee hirings but affects the "add new employee" in EC? We are creating a rule to put by default is primary yes in national id and also to fill the ID type, but ONB and EC need different configurations and we do not want the rule we put in "manage business configuration" to affect ONB and vice versa.

How can we indicate in the business rule that it is triggered only during manage pending hire-Onb and not in Add new employee and vice versa?

Kind Regards

View Entire Topic
nlgro023
Active Contributor

I doubt that will be easy, but you could see how far you get by really deeply navigating to something like this and doing some unit tests to see what the best option/combo is for you (any basic rule will do really):

adriangalisteo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jasper.de.groot , we would continue trying with your suggestion, but still did not find a satisfactory solution

Isn´t there like a "standard" option?

This is a recurring requirement and EC hiring UI usually doen´t have the same requirements and fields as an Onboarding UI

Regards

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't shoot the messenger, but other than this I am not aware of one and I'm fairly sure there is not. 🙂

On API level there are fields that do help indicate if someone is an onboardee or not (which would have helped a lot here as well), but by my knowledge those are not fields exposed on employee level. 2886573 - OData API Query Pending Hires (sap.com) is the best one on api level at least. Hypothetically you could use intelligent services well to turn that in a filled out field to help a business rule out to fill a field to use, but then you need to build in a counter mechanism to remove it at the day of hire (which is more tricky).