cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning on QR Codes in SuccessFactors and enable SF Mobile App

MichaelWright
Participant
0 Kudos

My company is in the early investigative stages of evaluating turning on QR Codes in SuccessFactors Learning module, to Record Attendance.

We are also in the early stages of turning on SuccessFactors Mobile (for Learning etc.).

One of the questions I have is for those who have turned on both is does the instructor need an iPad to capture the studen'ts QR Code? I know students can print out the QR Code and bring it with them to class, but assuming the student forgets to do that, I imagine if the student has a mobile phone they can somehow pull up the QR Code on their mobile phones to show the Instructor, so the Instructor can scan and record attendance.

I know the Instructor in order to mark attendance for the student has to scan the student's QR Code, but my question is, for the Instructor's iPad do they just utilize the iPad's camera (or somehow utilize the SuccessFactors mobile app. or some other type of software) to accomplish this? When I just scan the QR Code from the Instructor's iPad utilizing the iPad's built in camera, it really doesn't do anything, so I am wondering if I am doing something incorrectly, or I need to download some other software on the Instructor's iPad.

View Entire Topic
varunvichare
Explorer

To open the QR code as a learner (the user registered in the class):

1. Open the app >
  2. Navigate to Learning >
  3. Click the "View Registration" button of the class >
  4. Click "My QR Code".

To scan a QR code as an instructor:

1. Open the app >
  2. Tap the three lines in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select "Instructor" >
  3. Tap the "Past Classes" tab and access the desired class >
  4. Tap the "Edit Attendance" button under the "SCHEDULE" (not under "STUDENTS" where the record learning button is) >
  5. Tap the "Scan" button at the very top of the screen > 
  6. The QR code scanner will automatically open and start looking for a code. Once it finds it, it will automatically grab it.