Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User account reset doesnt trigger email to the user

muruganandh_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

While one user is unable to login, even when I am resetting that account, that doesnt trigger a login link to the user.

Email notification is already checked in SF.

Please share your thoughts

BrandyPelzel
Active Participant

Hello,

Is this for Onboarding 1.0 module? We have been experiencing the same problem with this module starting on January 1st. Our tech support team asked SAP support team about it and they said the configuration settings were fine, which is odd because our new hires still do not receive the emails. The email field on the email templates are blank/do not populate. We are looking for a solution, too, since this is a big problem.

Thanks for raising the issue!

sarah_henry
Participant
0 Kudos

Is this in Production? If not, is Single Recipient enabled in Provisioning?

claudiavelez0
Participant
Hi muruganandh1985 I recommend following the below links:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nlgro023
Active Contributor

Various reasons possible:
1. If IAS is enabled, that makes sense as it won't trigger notifications for that anymore, the reset should then occur via IAS
2. The email of the employee to be reset is incorrect (this is the one in the user data file, not the contact details portlet)
3. It's hitting the spam folder of the employee or the employee has a rule in place to remove SF emails (hence it's sent, just not received)

To be fair, when I do resets, I never use the automated link, I always choose the password they get, because that way I can always check if the login is even possible (and then share the details) and reduce confusion.

muruganandh_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jasper. I will check your points 1 & 3 as I tried 2.

Answers (0)