cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable pay individual view not working

Ravi14
Explorer

Hello Team,

We are facing a problem to view "variable pay individual view" from employee profile.

The link is getting enabled in employee profile but after clicking its showing blank page and managers are not able to see the VP individual view for their direct reports.

We have enabled live profile visibility from the variable pay template and also below permissions are already enabled.

User -Employee Data - edit/view for the Variable Pay Individual View.

User -Employee Views - edit/view permission.

Can anyone please help to find out the solution?

Regards,

Ravi

View Entire Topic
xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi comp123

Can you add the permission to RBP role employee on self to view individual view (same than you gave to managers) ?

If I remember correctly Individual view only works if employee themselves are granted access.

It cannot work for Managers if it's hidden for employees.

What you can do is move its portlet to its own section of People Profile that you permission only for Managers and Comp Admin which would fix your issue.

Please test and let me know

All the best

Xavier

swagatikapanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello xavierlegarrec

I am facing the same issue. I want to grant the Individual View Access only to employee role and HR Admin roles. Have enabled required permissions (User -Employee Data - view for the Variable Pay Individual View and User -Employee Views - view permission) for Employee Self role and HR Admin role. Please note that, HR Admin has field based permission access, whereas Employee does not have (of course we don't have employee taking part in VP planning, so FBP can not be granted to Employee).

But when I proxy as employee, it takes to the VP screen with only employee name visible. The fields are all blank.

HR Admin is able to view all calculations for the employee as well as for SELF via individual View.

HR Admin views employees VP Ind View

Please can you help me understand, what permission is is missing here? (I assume its not because of FBP, as we never grant FBP to EE role)

Many thanks for help.

regards,

Swagatika

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

swagatika.a.panda is RBP granted for Individual view to the employee (on self) ? That is the reason as per my comment on the previous post. I couldn't find confirmation of this in your comment.

syedmukhsith
Newcomer
0 Kudos

I am facing same issue as well and surprisingly only for 1 template. other template is working fine.. which is making me wonder what is set at template level which may be causing this behavior..

Manager can view individual view fine for both templates.. its only one of the template which has issue

swagatikapanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi xavierlegarrec

Yes, RBP is granted for Individual view to the employee (on self). I found the solution and upon testing various scenarios, I understood the below behaviour:

For granting VP Individual View to employee self,

1. Grant Field Permission to system role *Everyone OR create an FBP Employee group (for e.g,Employee Status Active) > in Design Worksheet grant read permission to the relevant fields to this Employee FBP group / Everyone.

2. Enable vpindividualview standard element in Manage Business Configuration/Succession Data Model and in RBP grant View Permisison to Employee Self role.

3. In the VP template > Settings > enable Display Live Profile View after form creation (shows manager input fields)

With this, employee can view the template fields which are enabled View permission in FBP when they click on the individual view link on their profile.

Other roles like Manager or HR etc. can also view if they have both Field permission in Design Worksheet and vpindividualview standard element permission in RBP. If these roles are not granted with proper permission, they will only see the VP individual View link when they go to the employee's profile, but when clicked it will show a blank screen.

Thanks,

Swagatika

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

swagatika.a.panda

Right, that makes sense to me from a Product perspective (RBP and FBP must be on for anyone trying to access + RBP for employee on self for the standard varpayindview field from SDM must be turned on). What was the part that was missing for you to fix the issue you were having ?

All the best

Xavier

Ravi14
Explorer

Hello Xavier,

Thankyou for the help.

We have enabled "variable pay individual pay" and its working fine.

We disabled all RBP and enabled it again and it worked.
The field name in employee data can be VarPay Individual View or ???user.vpIndividualView??? so we have to enable it.

Best Regards,
Ravi Upadhyay

fransvanderme
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi comp123 & xavierlegarrec ,

We are struggling with this similar issue. The VP Individual View or or ???user.vpIndividualView??? permission is not present under Employee Data. Should we enable otther setting that will make this permission visible. We can view the list of Variable Pay Statements under the Variable Pay Individual view section on the Emloyee Profile, but when we select one, the screen is empty as per Ravi's screenshot.

Any ideas?

Regards

Frans

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

fransv

If it's not present then you can add it to the Succession Data Model (or have a certified consultant do it).

<standard-element id="vpIndividualView" required="false" matrix-filter="false">
    <label>VP Individual View</label>
    <label xml:lang="en-GB">VP Individual View</label>
    <label xml:lang="en-US">VP Individual View</label>
    <label xml:lang="pt-BR">Visão individual VP</label>
    <label xml:lang="ja-JP">VP 個人の表示</label>
    <label xml:lang="ru-RU">Индивидуальный просмотр ВП</label>
    <label xml:lang="zh-CN">VP 个人观点</label>
    <label xml:lang="es-ES">Vicepresidente (vista individual)</label>
    <label xml:lang="ko-KR">VP 개별 보기</label>
    <label xml:lang="de-DE">Einzelansicht für variable Bezahlung</label>
    <label xml:lang="fr-FR">Affichage individuel VP</label>