Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Translate Manually for Standard recordings

lben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to translate the O&N standard recordings to French using Machine Translation. However, all explanation and action bubbles (and there are many!) are set to Translate Manually, meaning I need to manually remove each of them. Does anyone know of a way whether through a function in EN or through a script that will remove the Translate Manually option for the bubbles in both the Demo and Practice modes?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to modify the Translate Manually field on Enable Now content before sending it to be translated using SAP Translation Hub - the Machine Translation feature of Enable Now.  SAP Translation Hub translates manually entered text, in Simulations, e.g. Explanation bubbles, and on Book Pages.  That's the benefit of using the Machine Translation capability.

Before you start the Translation, don't forget to add the Text Unit of type Translation Information to the part of the content structure containing the content to be translated.  Make sure that there is no other Text Units of the same type in the Workarea in other locations.  Also, make sure that the language of your source content is US English, not UK English.  SAP Translation Hub does not recognise UK English as a source language.

When you start the Translation, use the following settings to translate manually entered text, and the standard action strings that are created when you record a Simulation.

AATranslationSettings.png

Regards
Shane

lben
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Shane...saved me bunch of work! 🙂

Answers (0)