cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Companion - published but Not visible for Learners with View Published Content

Andrew86
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using SAP Companion in SuccessFactors. I have Learners set up in the Enable Now Workareas to have "View Published Content", in both the Connected and Extended Workareas.

As a Author i have via SAP Companion, created Help Tiles/Guided Walkthroughs on specific SF pages and then likewise published them via SAP Companion. However, our Learners are not seeing the content when they access the "?"
Our SF integration setting is set to our Extended Workarea and the parameters are:noHelpMode=carousel;newWindowSAML=true;editor=true;useConditions=true;allowMLTranslations=true;globalLanguageFallback=en-US;mixedLanguage=true

I have published the SAP Companion items thorough Manager, yet again nothing is being displayed for the Learners. The content is set to en-US.

Only when i set Learners to "View Content", then they can see SAP Companion content. I am slightly baffled.

*The produced content has Product: SFSF; Product Version : 1805 and Help Framework 3.1.32.
*Users in SF maybe set to en-GB, but the fallback language is en-US so i would expect to see the content.
*I have published Resources and Toolbox.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

If the settings above are in Production, please try removing the editor=true parameter. The editor should only ever be turned on in a non-Production environment and I was told a few days ago that it will also prevent content from appearing for Learners so may be the cause of your issue.

Regards
Shane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AnnaGiorgia_Aj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, it seems that this issue is related to content publication process.

Please make sure that your content and all the associated resources have been published and have the tag: "~/tag/published" in them.

If you have already checked it, try to republish your content and "Force New Version". Sometimes it works.

Andrew86
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Shane, I removed the parameter and tested with my Learners and SUCCESS!
For our Authors of SAP Companion content, I have issued specific URLs containing the parameters.