Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enable Now - Exclude object titles from translation

Leo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

When using the SAP Enable Now Machine translation Option (combined with SAP Translation Hub), I only want to translate the manual text, which has been added in explanation bubbles within the recording.

Is there an option to specify, what needs to be translated?

For most cases (at least in my experience) the content, which needs to be translated can be grouped in:

Manual translatable content:

- Titles (Recording title, step titles)

- Changed texts for automatically generated interaction texts (e.g. "Click here"- texts, which have been modified. I usually discourage users of changing them and add separate bubbles)

- Manually added explanation bubbles

Automatically generated content:

- Interaction texts

All automated content can be translated with the dictonary / Automatic Translation.

For automated content I want to keep one element and translate the others (current example: The (English) title should be used for ALL languages to have a clear understanding which elements belong together).

Is there a way to do this? Right now, I would need to change all titles back to English after the translation.

If there is no solution like this, my idea would be to use the translation information text object to specify additional details about the recording (e.g. list all possible object types in the recording, where you can select all objects to be translated).

Best regards

Leopold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Dirk,

Yes all manually entered text, including all meta data like the Titles, will be sent for translation. The only thing the Include Generated Project Texts does is to send the recorded macro text, if the field is selected.

Regards
Shane

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Leopold,

Yes you are absolutely correct about the two types of text, manually entered text and the macro text that is automatically created during the recording of Simulations. To send only the manually entered text to Translation Hub for translation, make sure that the Include Generated Project Texts field is deselected. Text that can be translated using the Recording Dictionary will not be sent for translation.

Regards
Shane

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But regardless of whether or not the Include Generated Project Texts checkbox is selected, the Title is still "manually entered text" and will always be translated.

DirkManuel
Active Contributor

I'm not aware of an ability to do this, so your best option would be to enter it as a Customer Influence Request.

But in the meantime, if your main purpose is so you can easily identify the English source and the translated versions of it (for what purpose? maintenance?), why don't you do one of the following:

• Assign every document a unique identifier (that will not be translated, if it includes numbers) that appears in the Name
  • Use the Keywords property to store the unique identifier if you don't want it visible to users
  • Use a filter of Duplication Source = UID of the original English version, and that will find all translations, should you need to