Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SF Incentive Management - Reference Plan Name in Rule

mbroeker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have the requirement to reference the plan name in a formula/rule to dynamically access values from a MLDT depending on the executed plan. As an example, if I am calculating plan 'ABC' I would like to access index 'ABC' in the MDLT, if I am calculating Plan 'XYZ' I would like to access index 'XYZ'. 

Normally I would simply call Position.Plan.Name to get the plan name, however this option does not seem to be available for the use in formulas / rules. Position.Title.Plan.Name is available, but if a Plan is assigned on Position level I might use the wrong plan name in calculation. Also, you can't create a Fixed Value for strings, that was another option i considered. 

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this or has found another way to reference the plan in rules? 

Thank you and kind regards,

Maximilian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

mbroeker

Below blog which can provide you lot of information on how to make use of Plugin function.

https://community.sap.com/t5/human-capital-management-blogs-by-sap/how-to-use-plugin-s-efficiently-t...

mbroeker
Explorer
0 Kudos

@yogananda

Okay, thank you! I used Query functions before, I thought maybe Plug-In functions were something different.  

I just wanted to know if there is an easier way to achieve the result for this rather simple requirement than to go on the database. 

But this will do 🙂

Kind regards,

Maximilian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

mbroeker

Yes, legal moves for plan name is not allowed.

Did you try to make use of Plugin Functions ?  Try it out.. you will acheive your solution.

mbroeker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @yogananda ,

thank you for the answer. I haven't tried Plug-In functions yet. There is not much documentation on that topic (see SAP Help Documentation Plug-In Functions ). 

Can you explain a little further how to use Plug-In Functions to solve this problem? 

Thank you and kind regards,

Maximilian

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
There is blog written on this with detailed steps