cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Guidance on Flexible Job Requisition Approval Routes

Veeko_Chen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm currently navigating the intricacies of job requisition approval routes and would greatly appreciate some collective wisdom on a unique requirement we have.

Our aim is to establish a dynamic approval process based on different levels of managers rather than fixed roles. Ideally, the approvers could be the General Manager (3 levels up), Department Manager (2 levels up), or Division Manager (1 level up). The challenge lies in the variation of approval levels depending on the position of the initiating hiring manager.

To illustrate, if the Division Manager initiates the requisition, it should proceed to the General Manager (2 levels up). However, if a hiring manager under the Division Manager creates the requisition, it needs to navigate through 3 levels to reach the General Manager.

If there's no out-of-the-box configuration to meet this requirement, I'm contemplating a workaround. I'm considering pre-creating fields in the job requisition to record the General Manager, Department Manager, and Division Manager. If possible, these fields can be auto-filled from Employee Central when creating the job requisition from the position. During the HR review stage, the plan is to allow manual adjustments to the approver list before it actually submit for approvals.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, experiences, or any alternative suggestions you might have regarding this matter.

Thank you in advance for your insights!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)