cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple extensions: What do I need?

stianbl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys! So, I've been trying to figure out what it would take for me, as a customer, to develop simple externsions to our SuccessFactors service. I've worked as a developer previously, but nothing really big. What I want to achieve is to be able to create small extensions/apps to our SF instance. As an example, I would like a Tile on the homepage, where our recruiters can click this tile and be asked a requisitionID. Upon entering this ID, they will be provided with a report/excel of screening questions/answers for this requisitions.

As of now, this is simply set up in Integration Center. And we provide a report manually to recruiters who request it.

This is an example of a usecase, where I cannot imagine the development would be any issue for me to handle. But I'm not sure where to start in terms of the SAP universe. There are SAP tools for this. Like UI5, and there is the BPT, and the Business Application Studio, and a lot more. So the question is; Can I do it? And how do I start? How do I publish an app to use like this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. We do have a partner, but we would like to be more self sustained when it comes to simple/small apps like this.

khbayne
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi there. BTP is the Technology stack, so that is definitely going to be your starting point. Upon reading this, I think of two areas to start with, SAP Workzone, and SAP Build.

Your S-CSP or AE should be able to point you in the right direction if you want to pursue either of these options.

I would go to the SAP Community first and watch some webinars, or read a bit of content first to see if this meets with your overall idea of where you want to go with the extensions.

Thanks,

Karen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)