cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus scan Service Exception error when importing content in LMS

KarlaFalconi
Participant

Hello,

I'm trying to import content (a PDF as an IACC wrapper). I do this every week and I have never run into issues. I know with the 1H2023 there was an enhancement with the virus scan, not sure if this is related. This is the error I'm getting:

com.plateau.common.fileupload.api.FileUploadServiceException: com.plateau.common.virusscan.api.VirusScanServiceException: Error occured while scanning for virus. VirusScanServiceImpl.performVirusScan()

Has anyone run into this? I don't have the option to disabled it under system configuration > Web Security,

andyyeows
    Discoverer
    0 Kudos

having the same issue while trying to import new content

com.plateau.common.fileupload.api.FileUploadServiceException: com.plateau.common.virusscan.api.VirusScanServiceException: Error occured while scanning for virus. VirusScanServiceImpl.performVirusScan()
    0 Kudos

I am also experiencing this issue when trying to upload new content (SCORM) package.

SteffiM
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

We have also the same issue - any ideas how to solve this?

KarlaFalconi
    Participant
    0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved. If you still having issues, I'd receomned you open a ticket with SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ebnomer
    Participant
    0 Kudos

The issue is now resolved, but I have not yet received a response from SAP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

KarlaFalconi
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I have not heard back from SAP but I have been checking every hour and I'm now able to import content without getting the error.

AOverstreet
    Discoverer

Thank you! I was about to submit a ticket then saw your response.

ebnomer
    Participant
    0 Kudos

I have recived the below reply from SAP Support:
    We have identified a issue with the Virus Scan Microservice. Development is currently working on finding a fix for the issue.

We will keep you updated as we get updates.

brandon_rose
    Discoverer
    0 Kudos

Do we have an ETA for resolution on this? I need to deploy content for a client and cannot because of this error. Maybe a master ticket to reference?

KarlaFalconi
    Participant
    0 Kudos

I have not heard anything. I ended up creating an incident report like mohamed.ibrahim.omar but have not hear any updates yet. Have you heard anything on your tikcet Omar?

KarlaFalconi
    Participant
    0 Kudos

I heard from SAP this am: " We have identified this issue post release and an internal ticket has been raised to Engineering and this is being investigated further.

We will let you know as soon as there is an update"

brandon_rose
    Discoverer

We have a reply from SAP as well. They state that this only affects the loading of new content and not current content associated with items in the Learning System. Since this only impacts the loading of new content, the priority is only set to high. It is a global issue with multiple clients of SAP. I sure hope they get some movement on this soon.

ebnomer
    Participant
    0 Kudos

No, the issue is of a technical nature, and the team is currently working on resolving it.

KarlaFalconi
    Participant
    0 Kudos

I need to launch content this morning, so I tried a workaround it test that normally would work:

I added the content package to iContent, create the content object manually and pointed the Content URL to the Content Package. Then created the item and add the content package to the item. I assign it to myself and then I try to launch it I get this error:

Error

The requested operation is not available. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your administrator, referencing ticket #11,185.

Click here to return to the home page.

ebnomer
    Participant
    0 Kudos

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue, and I have opened an incident with SAP. Their response indicates that the problem I reported is a known issue and is currently being addressed by their engineering team.

Best regards,

Omar

KarlaFalconi
    Participant
    0 Kudos

Thank you. Did they provide a workaround for this?