Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Time Account v TOIL Account in Time Sheet

Liam_Murphy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please can anyone tell me the difference between Working Time Account and TOIL accounts in Time Sheet? 

My understanding is that the Working Time Accounts allow employees to go over/under hours, but cannot apply a premium, e.g. double time for Sunday. So for premiums, we need to use TOIL account. However, with TOIL we cannot automatically deduct time if the employee is under hours, meaning employees need both Working Time Account and TOIL. Is this correct? Ideally we would just like 1 account with a balance, not 2. 

To note - we are not using Time Tracking, just EC Time Sheet.

Thanks for the advice! Liam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Small correction: you need to set the factor in the input time type group.

The factor in the result time type group that posts to the working time account is not possible.

But in the end, the result is the same: it can be achieved.

Liam_Murphy
Explorer
0 Kudos
Many thanks Volker!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Liam,

usually the working time account is used for non-premium hours. It´s designed for flextime processes in Germany, for "normal" hours. And on top, if employees perform overtime on a Sunday than this is usually posted to a separat time account due to the fact that this extra time needs to be compensated within a specific period.

However, I think that it is possible to even use the working time account to post hours on Sunday with a specific factor to it. Choose in the time type group that you calculate for Sunday work for example "working time difference" and enter a posting factor. Should work.