cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Connector error message

KarlaFalconi
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to update a class in my test environment using the new class connector which has the virtual class indicator (1H 2023 release) . I keep getting this error: Item Could not be foundDefault: ComponentTypeID:ILT, componentID:SAF14019, revisionDate:2013-10-31 03:31:00.0

The item type and Item ID do exist in test. Any ideas why I keep getting this error? SAP SuccessFactors Learning 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Padraig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi

When the connector processes the records provided in the input file, the system validates the ID of the entities. If the system does not find the ID, the data will not be processed (which will cause the first error "Item Could not be found ").

For example: the system generated the error: "Item Could not be found Default: Component Type ID:VIT,component ID: SAF14019, revisionDate:2013-10-31 03:31:00.0"

If you go directly in the system and search for SAF14019 using the 'exact' operator, the system may return "There are no entities found", basically because the Item ID is not exactly this one, because of the invisible extra characters (empty/space characters) in the Item ID

And in order to correctly process the data, the connector must find the exact Item ID provided in the input file (and in the input file we don't have the extra characters).
As the connector is not finding those items, it will showing the error "Item Could not be found".
If this does not assist you in resolving the error then please create a case where the issue can be investigated further.

If this information helped you then please consider giving Kudos or accepting this post as solution.

Thanks

Padraig

KarlaFalconi
Participant

Thanks Praig for the quick response! I did double check my input file and found a couple of spaces on the start time column (not the item) , I did adjusted that though and re-run the process again. But I still get this error: 
Item Could not be foundDefault: ComponentTypeID:ILT, componentID:SAF14019, revisionDate:2013-10-31 03:31:00.0.

I will open an SAP Ticket so they can look into it. Thanks for the feedback again! 

UweStieglitz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carla, we had similar issues in the past. The item connector is tricky especially with the revision date, since it includes the time stamp, too. In our case we could solve the issue once we realized that the time zone of the SFTP server is different from the time zone in our SF environment.

Maybe this helps?

Brgds. Uwe